Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. Revelation 2:9-102:9 “I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I knowthe blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but area synagogue of Satan. 2:10 Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw someof you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
There are the congregation of God and His throne, but there are also the synagogue of Satan and his throne. We must not be mistaken.
The condition of the church in Smyrna is in tribulation, poverty, being blasphemed and prisoned. But they are rich spiritually, that is rich in mercy by being keen on giving. James 2:52:5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to berich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
Being rich spiritually also means being rich in faith, meaning the faith is increased up to perfection.
Why must we be rich in faith? Luke 18:818:8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
It is because only the people who are rich in faith will be able to welcome His second coming on the glorious clouds, to inherit the eternal Kingdom of Heaven.
How can we be rich in faith?
- We must have a right faith.
10:17 So then faith comesby hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
The right faith comes by hearing the Word of Christ, that is the Word anointed by Holy Spirit, the Word whose secret is revealed through one verse explains the other verses. It is the true teaching Word, the Word that is sharper than any two-edged sword.
The process is as follows.
- Holy Spirit helps us hear the true teaching Word solemnly with a need, as a hungry man eats bread or as a dog licks the crumbs of bread.
- Holy Spirit helps us understand the true teaching Word.
- Holy Spirit helps us believe and have faith on the true teaching Word, so it becomes the right faith within our heart.
The proofs of having the right faith are as follows.
- Our heart believes and our lip confesses Jesus, meaning confessing our sins to God and the others. If we are forgiven, we must not repeat the sins anymore. We can also forgive the others’ sin and forget it. We do not judge the others’ fault and sin, or agree their sin.
- Not considering the appearance, meaning not differing the other members of the body of Christ.
2:5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to berich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
2:6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts?
- We must have a firm faith.
2 Corinthians 5:7-8
5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
The firm faith is obtained especially through perseverance in Bible Study Service with Holy Communion.
The proof of having the firm faith is being confident, strong and of good courage. It means as follows.
- Keeping holding fast to the true teaching Word whatever the risks are. We do not want to be doubted by the other teachings and wrong gossips.
One with insincere heart will quickly be shaken by the other teachings and gossips.
- Keeping living in righteousness whatever the risks are, and although there are benefits, threats, et cetera.
- Keeping being faithful and fervent in spirit in ministering God. We do not become desperate and disappointed. We do not leave Him whatever the risks are. We also are not proud of something that we receive from Him.
- Keeping giving thanks and worshiping God, keeping believing and fully surrendering our life to Him.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego face the furnace that is heated seven times more than it is usually heated. Three men are cast out but there are four men walking in the midst of the fire. If we are strong and of good courage, God is with us.
- We must have an active faith.
2:22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
The active faith is the faith that is accompanied with the works of faith.
2:19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!
A passive faith is the faith of Satan. It is the faith without the works of faith, even doing the other things that oppose the Word. It is the dead faith as a body without head.
2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
2:25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent themout another way?
2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rahab (the Gentiles) is a harlot. She did sins up to the peak of sins, but God gives her chance to believe Him through hearing the Word, receiving a faith and doing the works of faith.
The works of faith of Rahab is willing to hide the two spies although she must sacrifice her soul. She can serve and enter the ministry of building the body of Christ.
The Gentiles enter the building of the body of Christ as a donkey ridden by Jesus to the New Jerusalem. It is the revival in sacrificing or giving. It is the revival without worry or doubt.
6:31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
6:32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
The sign of the Gentiles that join the revival of building the body of Christ is seeking first the kingdom of Heaven and His righteousness. It means prioritizing the ministry more than everything, being faithful and fervent in spirit whatever the challenges are.
14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
We minister in holiness and the anointing of Holy Spirit, so everything is neat and well-ordered.
2:18 unless, whenwe come into the land, you bind this line of scarlet cord in the window through which you let us down, and unless you bring your father, your mother, your brothers, and all your father’s household to your own home.
2:19 So it shall be thatwhoever goes outside the doors of your house into the street, his blood shall beon his own head, and we will beguiltless. And whoever is with you in the house, his blood shall beon our head if a hand is laid on him.
The result of entering the revival of building the body of Christ is we receive the line of scarlet cord, that is the cross of Christ or the blood of Jesus which is full of great grace.
The usefulness is as follows.
- The salvation of family physically from natural disaster, et cetera. It also saves us spiritually from sins up to the peak of sins.
- The grace of God in the cross of Christ is able to fulfill all our needs in the middle of difficulties and impossibilities in this world.
8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God isfor us, who can beagainst us?
8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
The grace of God is able to solve all huge and impossible problems.
- The cross of God is able to renew our mouth, so we can say good and right words. We only testify and worship Him.
Song of Solomon 4:3
4:3 Your lips arelike a strand of scarlet,
And your mouth is lovely. Your temples behind your veil
Arelike a piece of pomegranate.
1 Peter 3:10
3:10 For“He who would love life
And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit.
If the mouth is good, there will be good future.
3:2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he isa perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
When Jesus comes a second time, we do not stumble in word anymore. We only cry out “Alleluia” and welcome His second coming on the glorious clouds.
God blesses us.