Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 2-3 is about the seven times of the sprinkling of blood in front of the Ark of Covenant. It refers to the last sanctification to the seven churches of the Gentiles or the church in the last days, until they are perfect and blameless as Jesus, and worthy to welcome His second coming.Revelation 2:112:11 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.”’
God’s promise to the church in Smyrna is they will not be hurt by the second death.
There are three types of death as follows.
Hebrews 9:27-289:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 9:28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.
- Physical death or passing away.
- Spiritual death, that is being separated from God because of sins.
2:1 And you He made alive,who were dead in trespasses and sins,
2:2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
Spiritual death is caused by doing sin up to its peak, that is sin concerning eating-drinking and marrying-being given in a marriage.
One who does sin is obeying Satan and rebelling against God.
- The second death in the hell.
20:14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
20:15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
The eight sins that cause spiritual death and bring one to the second death in the hell are as follows.
- Being cowardly, meaning being afraid of something until doing sins and opposing God.
- Being unbelieving, doubt.
- Being abominable.
- Being sexually immoral, unclean, entering wrong marriage.
- Sorcerers, including believing horoscope and fetish.
Man only dies physically once, and thereafter God judges him.
It means as follows.
- Man does not live in the world forever, but there is an end line, that is passing away or living until Jesus’ second coming.
We can learn the things as follows.
- We must not be proud of something from this world, because it will be left. We also must not be desperate or disappointed with something in this world. Let us always give thanks to God.
- Man only lives and dies physically once in this world, there is no reincarnation.
14:7 “For there is hope for a tree,
If it is cut down, that it will sprout again, And that its tender shoots will not cease.
14:8 Though its root may grow old in the earth,
And its stump may die in the ground,
14:9 Yetat the scent of water it will bud
And bring forth branches like a plant.
14:10 But man dies and is laid away;
Indeed he breathes his last And where ishe?
Therefore, we must use our life as well as possible to please God and the others, starting from within the marriage.
- After living in this world, all men will be judged by God. They will be condemned in the hell and experience the second death in the lake of fire and brimstone forever.
3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Why is that? Because all men have sinned and the wage of sin is death.
All great things in this world (smartness, richness, high position, et cetera) cannot save sinful men. Even there is no man in this world, including churchman, can save sinful man.
The only way out to save sinful man is from the Heaven.
How is God’s way to help sinful men so they do not experience the second death in the hell?
- Jesus must come and be born in the world as a sinless man. He must die on the cross once to bear the sins of men as well as the curses and judgment of sins. He comes to save sinful men.
9:28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. …
3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
The things that we must do from our side are as follows.
- We must believe Jesus as the only Savior.
- If our heart believes, our mouth will confess our sins to God and the others. If we are forgiven, we must not do the sins anymore. We repent and die to sins.
- Being newly born from water and the spirit, that is through the water and Holy Spirit baptism.
6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
The true water baptism is one who has died to sin must be buried in water together with Jesus. Thereafter, he is raised together with Him to receive new life, that is living in righteousness.
3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
3:7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
3:8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
Holy Spirit baptism will make us as the wind.
2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
2:6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
2:7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, andcoming in the likeness of men.
2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point ofdeath, even the death of the cross.
The wind is life who empties himself to become the servant of God. We serve Him with obedience until the flesh does not sound anymore, as the wind blows where it wishes.
The wind is also the servant of God who brings coolness and the fragrance of Christ through the Good News (to bring sinful men to believe Jesus and be saved) and the Bride Tidings (to bring saved lives to be sanctified and perfected).
2 Corinthians 2:14
2:14 Now thanks beto God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
We experience victory over every obstacle so we keep being faithful and fervent in spirit in ministering Him. The wind cannot be blocked by anything.
We experience victory over sins, so we can live in righteousness and bring coolness and fragrance. We also experience victory over every problem even the impossible one. God will solve all.
- Jesus must come for the second time in glory as the King of kings and the Heavenly bridegroom to give us the full salvation, that is to sanctify and renew us until we are perfect as He is. It equals to becoming the perfect body of Christ or the Heavenly bride who will welcome His second coming.
9:28 ... To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.
From our side, we must wait for His second coming with two ways as follows.
- Waiting for His coming with perseverance.
8:24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?
8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for itwith perseverance.
It is the perseverance in faith or the perseverance in the true teaching Word. It is also the perseverance in the Holy Place or the shepherding pen, that is perseverance in three main services as follows.
The result is our body, soul, and spirit are sanctified by God the Trinity through the sharpness of the Word of God.
- Golden Candlestick refers to perseverance in General Service. We have fellowship with Holy Spirit God in His gifts.
- Table of Showbread refers to perseverance in Bible Study Service with Holy Communion. We have fellowship with the Son of God in the true teaching Word and the sacrifice of Christ.
- Golden Altar of Incense refers to perseverance in Prayer Service. We have fellowship with Father God in His love.
10:3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
If we are sanctified in the shepherding, it means God calls our name. It means we get the first priority from Him to be helped. Also, our name is being written in the Book of Life. When we are perfect, our name is written clearly and completely in the Book of Life, and it cannot be erased by anything.
- Being strong and of good courage in waiting His second coming.
27:14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
It means we experience renewal of our heart from a wicked heart to a strong and courageous heart. A wicked heart means as follows.
We must be strong and of good courage to wait for His second coming because we must face the sprinkling of blood, that is flesh suffering together with God without any sins. If we suffer because of sin, the sin must be confessed so it becomes the sprinkling of blood.
- A lost heart, being desperate and disappointed, doing sins and leaving God.
- A bitter heart, having envy, revenge, hatred without any reasons.
- An unclean heart.
- A weak heart, easily being stumbled and offended.
- A worried heart, doubting God, the true teaching Word, and His power.
3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter.
3:17 If that is the case,our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver usfrom your hand, O king.
3:18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.”
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego keep worshiping God although they are not helped. God waits for this.
3:24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste andspoke, saying to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?”They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.”
3:25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.”
When we stretch out our hands to God, He will also stretch out His hands to us to embrace us. The result is He is able to solve all our problems even the impossible ones. God is able to care and protect us. He is able to lift up and glorify us, to make us successful. When He comes a second time, He is able to renew our life to become as perfect and glorious as Him. We sit together with Him on the throne of Heaven forever.
God blesses us.