Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
There are four appearances of Jesus in the glory in Revelation 1:13-16 as follows.
- [verse 13] the appearance of Jesus in the glory as the High Priest.
- [verse 14] the appearance of Jesus in the glory as the King of all kings.
- [verse 15] the appearance of Jesus in the glory as the Just Judge.
- [verse 16] the appearance of Jesus in the glory as the Heavenly Bridegroom.
The appearances of Jesus in the glory are to make us not separated anymore from Him, but be in the glory forever.
ad. 3. The appearance of Jesus in the glory as the Just Judge.Revelation 1:151:15 His feet werelike fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
The signs are as follows.
Deuteronomy 28:2328:23 And your heavens which areover your head shall be bronze, and the earth which is under you shall beiron.
- His feet are like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace.
- His voice as the sound of many waters.
Deuteronomy 28 is about blessing and curse. If we obey the Word, blessing will come. If we disobey it, curse will come. When the heaven becomes as bronze, we will not be able to live.
Bronze refers to the punishment or judgment. Jesus as the Just Judge will judge and punish the sinful lives.
When will the judgment happen?
- The judgment will happen after the kingdom of peace a thousand years. All men including the servants and the children of God who have not reconciled their sins and have not repented yet will be judged on the white throne to be punished in the hell forever.
20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Bookof Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
20:13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
20:14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
- The judgment is done now, started from the house of God. It begins with us as the servants and children of God.
1 Peter 4:17
4:17 For the time has comefor judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it beginswith us first, what will bethe end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
Therefore, now we can judge ourselves to reconcile our sins, so we do not need to be judged on the white throne. It means we will receive eternal life forever.
We must not judge the others so we can judge ourselves.
Why must we not judge the others?
Matthew 7:67:6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
- Because it is not the time yet. When Jesus comes a second time, we as the saints will judge the world together with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:2-3
6:2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
6:3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?
- If we judge the others, we will also be judged and punished.
7:1 “Judge not, that you be not judged.
- If we judge the others, we cannot judge ourselves, so we keep living in sins but feel as a righteous.
We can only judge about the true teaching Word. It means as follows.
- Do not give the true teaching Word to the one who likes to dispute and criticize the Word. His life will never be renewed, but keep being as dog and swine that will insult and blame the true teaching Word. We must be firm not to dispute about the true teaching Word.
- Do not receive false teaching or the other teaching that is different with the true teaching Word.
False teaching will preserve and provoke flesh desire.
Thus, we must be firm to hold fast and obey the true teaching Word. We must also be firm to reject the other teachings.
What must be judged through the true teaching Word?
- Everything that is hidden inside the heart, that is all sins that are hidden inside the heart and mind.
2:16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
- Sinful deeds that we do, either individually or within marriage, either in work or study, or when driving on the street, et cetera.
2 Corinthians 5:10
5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things donein the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
- Idle word, lie.
12:36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
- What we did not do, although God has encouraged us through His Word, especially about the building of the body of Christ (giving and visiting).
25:41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
25:42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
25:45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do itto one of the least of these, you did not do itto Me.’
25:46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
If one does not want to give and visit, it means being egoistic. Giving and visiting are the characteristics of the body of Christ.
The position of one who judges himself is under God’s feet and becoming the throne of God.Ezekiel 43:743:7 And He said to me, “Son of man, this isthe place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever. No more shall the house of Israel defile My holy name, they nor their kings, by their harlotry or with the carcasses of their kings on their high places.
We learn from Mary who always sits at Jesus’s feet. The results are as follows.
- Mary sits at Jesus’ feet to hear the true teaching Word and obey it.
10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word.
10:42 But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”
Hearing and obeying the Word equals to eating the true shepherding Word, so we feel the ambience of God’s throne.
If one does not want to hear and obey the true teaching Word, he will feel the ambience of the hell.
The results of sitting at Jesus’ feet are as follows.
- The kind and merciful hands of God are able to care our life, physically and spiritually.
- The kind and merciful hands of God are able to make everything good in His time.
- The kind and merciful hands of God are able to sanctify us from sins and egoism, so we can be used in the building of the perfect body of Christ and become the bride who is ready to welcome His second coming and sits on His throne to judge the world together with Him.
19:27 Then Peter answered and said to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You. Therefore what shall we have?”
19:28 So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Mary receives the best part that will not be taken away from her. It means we will receive eternal life with God forever.
- Mary falls down at Jesus’ feet and worships Him with a contrite heart.
11:31 Then the Jews who were with her in the house, and comforting her, when they saw that Mary rose up quickly and went out, followed her, saying, “She is going to the tomb to weep there.”
11:32 Then, when Mary came where Jesus was, and saw Him, she fell down at His feet, saying to Him, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.”
11:5 Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.
11:6 So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was.
11:7 Then after this He said to thedisciples, “Let us go to Judea again.”
Maybe this morning we face an ambience as dark valley. God lets this happen so we can fall down at His feet.
11:39 Jesus said, “Take away the stone.”Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to Him, “Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been deadfour days.”
11:40 Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?”
Do not harden our heart and reject the true teaching Word. Let us fall down at His feet and worship Him with a contrite heart. We confess that we are only as clay and powerless. We only depend on the kind and merciful hands of God. The result is Lazarus is raised and miracle happens. Spiritual miracle is we are renewed to become obedient. Physical miracle will also happen. The impossible will be made possible. When Jesus comes a second time, we will be renewed as glorious as Him and sit on His throne to judge the world together with Him.
God blesses us.