Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We still learn about the functions of the ascension of Jesus to heaven as follows:
- He ascended to heaven to prepare a place for all of us, so where He is, there we are and not separated from Him forever.
14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
14:2 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
Our duty in the world is preparing the place for Jesus as the Head, namely the perfect body of Christ. Therefore, we must be active in the ministry of the edification of His perfect body that starts from the marriage, shepherding, inter-shepherding, until Israelites and Gentiles become His one perfect body.
- He ascended to heaven to be the High Priest to make propitiation for the sins.
2:17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
- He ascended to heaven with two great promises as follows:
1:8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
1:9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
1:10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,
1:11 who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."
So, to welcome His second coming and being exalted to heaven with Him, we need Holy Spirit absolutely.
- The promise to pour out Holy Spirit or the Pentecost.
- The promise that He will come soon for the second time to exalt us up to heaven, so where He is, there we are and not separated forever.
There are three times of the promise of pouring Holy Spirit as follows:
- In the age of Father God. It is counted from the age of Adam to Abraham.
9:12 And God said: "This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
9:13 "I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
9:14 "It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud;
9:15 "and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.
9:16 "The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."
9:17 And God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth."
The promise of pouring Holy Spirit is in a form of shadow, namely the rainbow in the cloud with its seven colors. It reminds us to the Golden of Candlestick with the seven lamps. There is no more condemnation for people who get Holy Spirit.
- In the age of Son of God. It is counted from Abraham to the first coming of Jesus.
Joel 2:28-29, 23-24
2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.
2:29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those day 2:23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the LORD your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you--The former rain, And the latter rain in the first month.
2:24 The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil.
The promise of pouring Holy Spirit is in a form of prophecy or the revelation of the word of God, namely the early and later rain, so if there is rain, there will be no more physical and spiritual dryness.
- In the last days. It is counted from the first coming of Jesus to His second coming.
Now, the time has passed two thousand years, but why has Jesus not come yet?
It refers to the longing of God so that we repent and receive Holy Spirit.
2:1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
2:3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
The promise of God about pouring Holy Spirit has come true, namely Holy Spirit is poured from heaven like tongues as of fire two thousand years ago in the upper room at Jerusalem for Israelites and us the Gentiles until now. It means that there are no more condemnation, dryness, and blemish. We are as perfect as Jesus to be worthy to welcome His second coming on the glorious clouds and exalted to heaven with Him forever or not separated forever.
Why must there be the promise of pouring Holy Spirit from age to age?Genesis 6:36:3 And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.
Because men live in flesh with all of its desires and lusts, so the relationship with Holy Spirit is cut.
It is signified with the number of one hundred and twenty.
The facts found in fleshly man without Holy Spirit are as follows:
- The heart tends to be wicked and unclean, so it produces the wicked, unclean, and bitter deeds which make the heart of God, parents, and pastor grieved. If it continues, it will increase up to the peak, namely the sins of eating-drinking and marrying-being given in marriage.
6:5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6:6 And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
- The fleshly vision and taste especially about marriage and the service to God as the two great mysteries.
- In the marriage, the fleshly vision produces the mixed-marriage or the one which is not in one faith, divorce-remarrying, until marrying-being given in marriage.
6:1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
6:2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
- In the service to god, the mixing of physical and spiritual things happens, especially about the procedure of the service. The mixing also happens in the physical and spiritual food, namely the word is mixed with logic, knowledge, learning about other religion, until it is mixed with the false teachings or the teaching of Satan.
Solomon committed the mixed-marriage until he mixed the true teaching word with the teaching of the wife, so there was idolatry which created giant or the great fleshly desires.
- The mouth only scoffs the word of God especially the true teaching word which preaches the second coming of Jesus as the King of all kings and the heavenly Bridegroom.
2 Peter 3:3-6
3:3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts.
3:4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."
3:5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,.
3:6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
The mouth also causes divisions until it slanders God, namely saying that the true teaching word is false and the false one is said true.
1:17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1:18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
1:19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them
The fact is that the relationship of men with Holy Spirit is cut, so the body, soul, and spirit are fleshly which will be stamped with 666 and appear like giant or beast. So ones become the same as Antichrist who cannot be lifted up to heaven, but drowned in hell forever.
Therefore, God pours out Holy Spirit for all of us from age to age so that we become as glorious and perfect as Him.Acts 1:15-161:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples (altogether the number of names was about a hundred and twenty), and said,
1:16 "Men and brethren, this Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke before by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus.
The anointing of Holy Spirit in the upper room at Jerusalem is started by the number one hundred and twenty.
It refers to the cut relationship of men with Holy Spirit which is signified by the number one hundred and twenty.
It means that if we have been shut from Holy Spirit, we must confess honestly and not keep sins.
Acts 1:4-51:4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;
1:5 "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
The requirement is that we must dwell in Jerusalem. It means as follows:
- Jerusalem is the city of peace. It means that the heart is peaceful. We do not feel what the flesh feels, namely there are no more fear, worry, wickedness, uncleanness, and bitterness, but only the love of God.
- Jerusalem is the city of light. It means that we must be honest in confessing sins and about marriage, financial, and all things. We become a baby who is sincere and only cries.
Acts 2:42:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
The process of pouring Holy Spirit is that Holy Spirit is poured like fire which burns the dirty heart and cleans the tongue. So, we can be broken in heart until we speak with tongues. 2 Kings 6:15-17
6:15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?"
6:16 So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, "LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
The function of Holy Spirit is like a fence of fire which surrounds us. The results are as follows:
- Holy Spirit sanctifies the Gentiles until they become sweet smelling aroma and the witness of Christ. So, our life becomes fragrant and beautiful in due time.
15:16 that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
- Holy Spirit makes us faithful and fervent in spirit to serve and minister to God until the end line, namely until we pass away or Jesus comes for the second time.
12:11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord.
Holy Spirit protects and preserves us who are small and powerless miraculously and abundantly in the midst of difficulties in the world. So, even a sand cannot touch us. Our life is safe, peaceful, easy, and light. All impossible problems are finished by Holy Spirit.
- He changes us from the fleshly man to the spiritual one like Jesus. We become witness in our words and deeds, until we can repay good for evil.
2 Kings 2 :11
2:11 Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
When Jesus comes for the second time, we are changed to be perfect. We do not stumble in words, but only say "Alleluia". We are worthy to welcome His second coming on the glorious clouds and we are exalted to heaven.
God blesses you.