Matthew25:2-425:2 Now five of them were wise, and five werefoolish.25:3 Those who werefoolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,25:4but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Church of God must be watchful always to be ready to welcome Jesus' second coming on the glorious clouds.
We must keep ourLAMP TO BURN CONTINUALLY
.There are two requirements to keep our lamp to burn continually as follows:
The Church of God is as ten virgins who can be divided into two groups as follows:
- [Matthew 25:5-7] Receiving Bride Tidings or the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.
- Having oil for supply in the vessel (being anointed, filled with Holy Spirit, until overflowing in Holy Spirit).
Proverbs14:9a14:9aFools mock at sin,….
- Having the oil for supply = five wise virgins, the lamps burn continually so they will be able to welcome Jesus' second coming.
- Having no oil for supply = five foolish virgins, the lamps are almost quenched, even already quenched, so they cannot welcome Jesus' second coming, being perished forever.
In the Old Testament, the trespass offering was an sacrificed animal.
In the New Testament, the trespass offering has been fulfilled in the sacrifice of Christ. Foolish virgin mocks at the sacrifice of Christ.
The practices are intentionally doing sins, living in sins, or agreeing the others doing sins.
The consequence is being spiritually withered, having no anointing oil. The lamp is quenched and will be left on Jesus' second coming, being perished forever. Wise virgin honors the sacrifice of Christ. The practices are below:
- Willing to suffer in the flesh with tears to stop doing sins and live in the righteousness.
4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind,for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
4:2that he no longer should live the rest of histime in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
- Willing to suffer in the flesh without doing sins, because of God's will.
4:12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,as though some strange thing happened to you;
4:13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.
4:14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you,for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.
The examples are suffering to be able to serve and minister God, suffering to stand up the true teaching, suffering to deal with the problems let by God.
Why are we let to experience the trial/suffering without doing sins?
The reason is such that the Spirit of glory/the anointing oil of Holy Spirit rests upon us. The Spirit of glory glorifies us, renews our life from flesh men to spiritual men, glorious men as Jesus.
Glorious men, spiritual men = the lamps which burn continually.
4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart.Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward manis being renewed day by day.
4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding andeternal weight of glory,
4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen aretemporary, but the things which are not seen areeternal.
The things must be renewed are below:
- Heart [2 Corinthians 4:16].
Heart is renewed by the Spirit of glory to become strong and of good courage, hardy.
The meanings are:
- Not being dismayed nor disappointed facing everything, but putting hope in Jesus only.
- Holding fast the true teaching Word that has been the life experience.
- Not doing sins, although there are opportunity, offer, benefit, threat, etc.
- Look [2 Corinthians 4:18].
Look is renewed from flesh look (carnally) to spiritual look,i.e. look to Jesus as the High Priest who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty.
The practices are:
- Being faithful and fervent in spirit doing the ministry.
- Like to do the reconciliation, confessing sins to the Lord and the others. If we are forgiven, do not repeat the sins but do live in peace.
- Being obedient to the true teaching Word, whatever the risks that must be faced.
The results are as follows:
- The merciful hands of the High Priest are stretched out to help us in time of need.
4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Our duty is just to wait God's time, because the one who will help us is God.
- God makes everything beautiful in its time.
3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
- The merciful hands of the High Priest are stretched out to exalt us in due time.
5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
The meaning is we are exalted from carnal or spiritual deterioration/fail to become prosperous.
The term 'exalt' means everything become easy and light.
Until Jesus' second coming, we will be renewed as glorious as the Lord and we will be lifted up on the glorious cloud to welcome Him.
God blesses you.