Matthew 26:30-35 is about the WARNING TO PETER
The Lord warned Peter with prophetic Word. The meaning of prophetic Word
is as follows:
- The Word revealing all things that will happen in the last days as follows:
- Jesus' second coming in glory as King of kings or Heavenly Bridegroom, or the Head, who will lift us up on glorious clouds.
- God's judgment upon the world.
- The Word revealing our hidden sins. The prophetic Word sanctifies and renews our life until we are perfect as Jesus is and we are worthy of welcoming His second coming.
26:33 Peter answered and said to Him, "Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble."
Peter rejected the prophetic Word because of his arrogance. The meaning of arrogance is as follows
The consequence of being arrogant is as follows
- Feeling more righteous than other people, even more than God.
- Using self-truth.
- Being unable to receive the truth of the Word.
- Only judging other people to cover sins.
- Being unable to worship God even denying God.
18:9. Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
18:10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
18:11 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
18:12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
18:13 "And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
18:14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
There are two kinds of worship prayer as follows
- The worship of the Pharisees or the scribes [Luke 18:11-12], namely the worship encouraged by self-truth.
The practice is as follows:
- Sinning, but one never feels guilty so s/he never confesses the sins but blames other people even blames God.
- Feeling meritorious to God and other people, being proud of something.
- Being hypocrite, pretending, and hiding something. The thing inside the heart is not constant to the outside.
Consequently, the worship becomes dry and God does not justify him and he keeps on living in sins. In such condition, he makes the temple of God as the den of thieves and he will perish forever.
Dry spirituality can be detected with dry words, meaning one says words that discourage other people.
- The worship of the tax collector [Luke 18:13-14], namely the worship with humbleness of heart, contrite heart, and honesty because of the work of the Word sharper than any two-edged sword.
The practice is as follows:
- It encourages us to confess our sin to God and other people. Being forgiven, we should not repeat the sin.
- Feeling that we are not worthy, but so powerless, and we are nothing. We do not insist anything to God but we only surrender fully to Him.
As a result, we become the house of prayer or the place Holy Spirit may dwell in.
The function of Holy Spirit is as follows:
- The Spirit of Truth.
18:14a "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other;
Holy Spirit justifies us and we can live in righteousness even we can get eternal life.
As a result, the blessings of Abraham come to us up to our descendants.
3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"),
3:14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- The Spirit of Helper.
Holy Spirit is able to help us in due time and to solve all problems, even the impossible one.
- Holy Spirit exalts us in His time.
18:14b for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Meaning as follows:
- To lift us up from downturn, so we can be successful.
- To make all things beautiful in due time.
- To employ us in the revival of Holy Spirit at the last rain.
- To sanctify and renew us little by little until we are perfect as Jesus is. The life renewal begins from honesty. It continues until we are lifted up together with Jesus on glorious clouds when He comes a second time.
God blesses you.