Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. Good evening, welcome to listen to the Word of God. Let the peace and His mercy are poured in the midst of us. Revelation 1: 13-16
is about the appearance of Jesus’ persona in four forms
(It has been explained in Bible Study Service in Surabaya, February 03, 2014
) as follows:
This evening we learn the fourth point that is Jesus appears in glory as the Bridegroom of Heaven
- Revelation 1: 13= Jesus appears in glory as the High Priestwhose sign is being clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band (It has been explained in Bible Study Service in Surabaya, February 03, 2014).
- Revelation 1: 14= Jesus appears in glory as the King of kingswhose sign is His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire (It has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, February 23, 2014).
- Revelation 1: 15= Jesus appears in glory as the Righteous Judgewhose sign is His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters (It has been explained in Bible Study Service in Surabaya, March 17, 2014).
- Revelation 1: 16= Jesus appears in glory as the bridegroom of Heaven. This is the peak of appearance that we will never be separated from God, we live together with Him forever (It has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, March 30,2014).
. Revelation 1: 161:16. He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenancewaslike the sun shining in its strength
The signs are as follow:
The first sign is He had in His right hand seven stars
- ‘He had in His right hand seven stars’ (It has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, March 30,2014),
- ‘out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword’,
- ‘His countenancewaslike the sun shining in its strength’.
Revelation 1: 201:20. The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saware the seven churches
The meanings of the star are as follows:
This evening we learn the general meaning of the star inGenesis 22: 15, 1722:15. Then the Angel of theLordcalled to Abraham a second time out of heaven,
- Particular meaningis the shepherd (‘’the angels of the seven churches’’).
- General meaningis the chosen one, the servant of God, priests and kings, or one who serves and ministers to God, and is employed to glorify the name of God.
22:17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heavenand as the sand whichison the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies
This is about the promise of God to Abraham.
Thus, the general meaning of the star is the descendants of Abraham
. The physical descendants
of Abraham are the Israel. The spiritual descendants
of Abraham are us as the priests and kings.
There are three kinds of the descendants of Abraham as follow:
Daniel 6: 106-10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days
- Genesis 13: 16
13:16 And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth,thenyour descendants also could be numbered.
The first is the descendants of Abraham like the dust of the earth.
It meansthe servants of God who serve and ministry Him but only look for the physical things or fleshy things (‘’earth’’). One is satisfied with the fleshy things only. The quality is like the dust of the earth.
Genesis 3: 14
3:14. So theLordGod said to the serpent: “Because you have done this,
youarecursed more than all cattle, and more than every beast of the field;
on your belly you shall go,and you shall eat dustAll the days of your life.
The resultis one becomes the meal of serpent or Satan and perishes forever.
- Genesis 22: 17
22:17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand whichison the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.
The second is the descendants of Abraham like the sand on the seashore.
Matthew 7: 26-27
7:26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
7:27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
‘’These saying of Mine’’refers to Jesus’ saying or the true teaching Word.
The descendants of Abraham like the sand meansthe servants of God who serve and minister God but disobey the true teaching Word or not according to the true teaching Word (their ministry, marriage, and life are not according to the true teaching Word).
For example is Jesus commands A, but they do B.
The true teaching Word is the Word that is revealed (the Word of Jesus) and one verse is explained by another verse in Bible.
The result are as follow:
- One is not able to endure when facing the temptations (‘‘built his house on the sand’’) so he grumbles, becomes disappointed and desperate, and leaves the ministry.
We must be careful, for there are many servants of God who leave the ministry!
- If one is not able to endure, he will fall.
The meaning of the fall is departing from the faith, leaving the true teaching Word, and following the false teaching until one does not believe in Jesus anymore.
- ‘’And great was its fall’’means perdition forever.
- Genesis 22: 17
22:17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heavenand as the sand whichison the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.
The third is the descendants of Abraham like the stars of the heaven. This is the real quality and its place is in the right hand of God.
Daniel 12: 3
12:3 Those who are wiseshall shinelike the brightness of the firmament,and those who turn many to righteousnesslike the stars forever and ever.
The descendants of Abraham like the stars means as follows:
- “Like the stars forever and ever”means ministering in fervency and faithfulness until the end line that is until we die or the time of Jesus’ second coming, even forever.
- “Wise”means obeying the true teaching Word (it is according to the true teaching).
For example is Mary who sits near God’s feet (‘‘Mary has chosen that good part’’). This is the best ministry.
Our ministry may belittled by others (Martha thinks the ministry of Mary is only sitting), but if we obey the true teaching Word, it is the best part of ministry.
It is like the Word ‘‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’’, but if it is not according to the true teaching Word, God will say ‘‘I never knew you; depart from Me’’.
- “Who turn many to righteousness”means we become witness as follows:
- Leading others to be saved. Many people do not believe in Jesus, so it is our duty to testify and lead them to believe in Jesus and be saved.
- Leading the saved people to the perfection in God. One that has been saved does not fall anymore, but he must be increased to the perfection (without blemish like Jesus).
- Persevering in worshiping God.
The peak of ministry is worshiping God like we do this evening.
.“As was his custom since early days”
means persevering in worshiping God.
Star in the book of Daniel is the example of life that has perseverance in worshiping God. The star is Daniel. Daniel is endurable. He is like the star that keeps shining in the right hand of God.
There is the command to worship king, but he refuses and perseveres in worshiping God (he does not want to follow the false teaching and worship).
This evening, if we willingly become the star, our position will be in the right hand of God like Daniel. The result of being the star in God’s right hand is as follows
: Psalm 138: 7-8138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;You will stretch out Your handagainst the wrath of my enemies,and Your right hand will save me.
138:8 TheLordwill perfectthat whichconcerns me;Your mercy, OLord,enduresforever;Do not forsake the works of Your hands
If we are still in the den of lions, do not have bad prejudice, disappoint and despair. We are tested by God so we do not put hope upon anyone but His right hand only
- Verse 7 ‘‘You will revive me’’.
The right hand of God that is full of love and kindness will revive us, so we are strong and of good courage. The star is revived so it does not fall.
The meanings are as follow:
- Believing and hoping to God. We keep worshipping Him when we face temptations. We are not disappointed and do not despair or leave God.
The example is Daniel who keeps on worshiping God even though he must be put in the den of lions.
- Obeying and holding fast to the true teaching Word.
For example, Daniel does not want to worship the king (he does not want to follow the false teaching and worship).
- Keeping fervent and faithful in ministry to God.
- Keeping on living in righteousness or not sinning.
- Verse 7 “And Your right hand will save me”. The right hand of God that is full of love and kindness will save us (closing the mouths of lions).
The meaning is as follows:
What is our position right now? Are we the dust, sand, or star? If we are star, are we in the right hand of God?
- God’s right hand that is full of mercy and kindness is able to protect and care us in the midst of difficulties and impossibilities in the world up to the age of Antichrist (lion) that conquers three and half years, even to give us the eternal live.
The people who slander Daniel vanish before they reach the bottom of the den of lions. This is the proof that God’s right hand closes the mouths of lions when Daniel is in the den.
- The love of God is able to give peace and calmness in the midst of storm and waves (temptation) so we feel easy and light.
Let us open our heart and mouth to testify and worship God, so His right hand will close the mouth of lion.
If we close our mouth (do not want to testify, invite, and worship), the mouth of lion will open.
- Verse 8 “TheLordwill perfectthat whichconcerns me”. The right hand of God will solve the problem (His hand lifts up Daniel from the den of lions).
The meanings are as follows:
- The right hand of God that is full of love and kindness is able to solve all problems even the impossible ones in due time.
- Daniel is given the high position (from the bottom of the den of lions up to high position). It means God’s right hand is able to give the successful, beautiful, and joyful future.
The deeper we experience the death, the higher God lifts up us.
- We are lifted up not only in this world, but His merciful hand also lifts up us on glorious clouds when He comes a second times.
It means we are sanctified little by little until we are as perfect as He is and we are lifted up together with Him forever.
We are lifted up to the highest place that is the throne of heaven, we sit together with Him.
. If the time has already come, God will take us out of there and there is no force in this world able to hinder even Satan. Our business is to become the star in God’s right hand. Whenever we are, that is God’s business. The important thing is God’s right hand lifts up us higher starting from this world to the throne of heaven
God blesses us.