Bible Study Service in Malang, July 24, 2014 (Thursday Evening)
Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 1:9-20 is about the vision of John the apostle in Patmos Island.
He was exiled there and suffered in the flesh not because of sinning, but the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
He experienced three things and we will also experience them as follows.
- He could enter the right fellowship with God and others or the fellowship of the body of Christ according to the true teaching Word.
1:9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- [Revelation 1:10-16] He could hear and see the loud voice as of a trumpet.
1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
1:12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
It means being shepherded well and correctly, so that we can see the two real manifestations as follows.
- Seven golden lampstands that are shining or the perfect church.
- Jesus Himself in the glory as The High Priest, King of all kings, Just Judge, and Heavenly Bridegroom.
- [Revelation 1:17-20] He could fall at Jesus' feet as dead.
1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
It means worshiping God with a contrite heart until the flesh does not speak anymore.
The spirituality of John the apostle was very risky because he only had the Word of God or the Table of Showbread and the testimony of Jesus Christ or the Golden Candlestick. Therefore, God allowed him to suffer in Patmos Island to worship God with a contrite heart until his flesh does not speak anymore.
There are three times of opportunity to pray and worship God in Tabernacle as follows.
- In the Court, namely the Altar of Burnt Offering.
It means as follows.
- Supplication prayer. The center is our need.
15:7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
The requirement is the true teaching Word must dwell in us.
We get it through hearing the true teaching Word seriously, understand, and believe it to become faith in our heart. Then, we obey it to be ingrained in our life or dwell in us.
As a result, our will is the same as the will of God and our prayer is the same as His will. Finally, our prayer is answered by Him to glorify His name.
- The prayer to get the remission of sin.
The requirement is we realize, regret, and confess our sin to God honestly to repent. We do not repeat the sin after being forgiven.
- The prayer to ask God to make us perfect.
2 Corinthians 13:9
13:9 For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. And this also we pray, that you may be made complete.
This is the peak of our supplication prayer, namely being as perfect as Jesus is.
- In the Holy Place, namely the Golden Altar of Incense.
It means worship prayer, whose center is Jesus Himself.
9:8 Suddenly, when they had looked around, they saw no one anymore, but only Jesus with themselves.
We can worship God anytime, anywhere, and in any circumstances, because the center of worship prayer is Jesus Himself. We can keep on worshiping Him whether we are sick or healthy.
24:3 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place?
24:4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully.
The requirement is holy life and heart. If our holiness increases, our worship prayer and anointing will too, and God will use us more clearly. He will also pour His blessings more everywhere.
The worship prayer is the same as burning the incense to produce sweet-smelling aroma that comes up before God.
There are two times of burning the incense as follows.
Thus, in the worship prayer there is the cleansing of heart from all fleshy wills, characteristics, emotion, ambition, hopelessness, and disappointment, so that we can experience life renewal and appear as the shining lamp. The light starts from inside the household, before all people or everywhere, until we become the light of the world or the perfect Bride of God that is without any blemish.
- At twilight, when the lamp will be lit.
30:7 "Aaron shall burn on it sweet incense every morning; when he tends the lamps, he shall burn incense on it.
30:8 "And when Aaron lights the lamps at twilight, he shall burn incense on it, a perpetual incense before the LORD throughout your generations.
It means that we must worship God when we are going to start our service and ministry or activities in the world because the worship cleanses our heart from fleshy will, emotion, ambition, and truth. As a result, we can fully surrender to God to get the power and ability from Him to do all things in the world successfully.
- In the morning, when Aaron tends the lamps after they are burning all night long.
It means that we must worship God after we serve Him and do the activities in the world for these purposes.
- Lifting up a thanksgiving to God because He has given us mercy to use us in the service and ministry to Him and blessed us in all activities.
- Offering all praise, honor, and glory for God, so that we are not arrogant or proud of anything.
12:1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.
- In the Most Holy Place, namely the two tablets of stone.
It means as follows.
- The worship until our flesh does not speak anymore (we can reach the Most Holy Place after we pass through the Veil that has been torn), so we do not feel anything that our flesh feels. We only feel the love of God.
- The worship that equals to the love of God or the eternal one in heaven.
34:1 And the LORD said to Moses, "Cut two tablets of stone like the first ones, and I will write on these tablets the words that were on the first tablets which you broke.
There are two kinds of the two tablets of stone as follows.
- The first two tablets of stone.
31:18 And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.
The stone came from God and was written by Him. It refers to Jesus, the perfect love of God.
- The new two tablets of stone who were the same as the first ones.
It refers to the congregation that is perfect as Jesus is.
32:18 But he said: "It is not the noise of the shout of victory, Nor the noise of the cry of defeat, But the sound of singing I hear."
32:19 So it was, as soon as he came near the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing. So Moses' anger became hot, and he cast the tablets out of his hands and broke them at the foot of the mountain.
The first two tablets were broken means that Jesus must die on the cross to redeem our sins and give the perfect love to us. Only the sin of disbelieving and the sin that is not confessed cannot be redeemed.
There were two great things that happened because the two tablets of stone were broken as follows.
- Golden calf was destroyed until there was no remnant of it anymore.
32:20 Then he took the calf which they had made, burned it in the fire, and ground it to powder; and he scattered it on the water and made the children of Israel drink it.
It means that all sins cannot endure because they have been sanctified and redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, especially the sin of idolatry to the gold calf as follows.
- The hardness of heart, self-truth, not confessing sin but blaming others.
32:9 And the LORD said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and indeed it is a stiff-necked people!
If one is hard in his heart, he will not be able to get the forming of God, so he will judge others, make gossip, and so on.
- Idolatry, namely mammon or the bond of money. It means the root of evil causing stinginess or one cannot give, and greediness or one seizes the right of others and God.
- Sin up to the peak, namely sins concerning eating-drinking and marrying-being given in marriage.
32:6 Then they rose early on the next day, offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
- The new two tablets of stone must be formed as the first ones.
The stone of the first two tablets of stone came from God, but the one of the new two tablets of stone was taken from Mount Sinai. There were many scattered stones there, referring to the hard-hearted human who sins up to the peak and has no form of righteousness anymore.
The new two tablets of stone were formed as the first ones. The sinful person will be formed to be as perfect as Jesus is through this process.
- Being redeemed by the blood of Jesus.
The proofs are as follows.
- Confessing and forgiving sin one another. The false must confess honestly and the right must forgive and forgets the sin of other.
- Being lifted up as priests and kings or the servant of God that glorifies and serves to Him faithfully and correctly.
1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
1:6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
- Being cut or formed, sanctified, and renewed to be the same image and example of Jesus.
The chisel refers to the true teaching Word that is sharper than any two-edged sword. The first sharpness is to sanctify and the second one is to renew.
A hammer is also needed to cut the stone. The hammer refers to the hard teaching Word to destroy the hard heart.
15:19 "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.
11:19 "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,
11:20 "that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.
The heart is renewed to become obedient, so that there is the same image with Jesus who is obedient to the point of death. We must be obedient until our flesh does not speak anymore.
- Being written with the perfect love of God by His finger or the power of Holy Spirit.
All things without the love of God are vain, meaningless, and useless, even they perish forever.
The proofs of being written by the love of God are as follows.
- The first tablet means that we can love God more than anything through prioritizing the service, ministry, and worship to Him.
- The second tablet means that we can love others as ourselves, give alms or charity deeds to others who are in need, and pay attention to them.
10:1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment,
10:2 a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always.
10:3 About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God coming in and saying to him, "Cornelius!"
10:4 And when he observed him, he was afraid, and said, "What is it, lord?" So he said to him, "Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God.
God want to take the scattered stones, namely us, the Gentiles, and write on us with His love, so that we can love Him more than anything and other people as ourselves.
As long as the sweet-smelling aroma of the incense can come up before God or we worship Him, He always remembers us.
The results are as follows.
- The Lord remembers that we are only a baby who has no power but needs the embrace of His merciful hands, and cries only to Him.
49:14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, And my Lord has forgotten me."
49:15 "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.
As a result, the loving hand of God is able to preserve our life in the midst of impossibilities. His merciful hand is able to solve all impossible problems right in His time.
- The Lord remembers that we are only clay.
103:10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
103:11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
103:12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
103:13 As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him.
103:14 For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.
He does not condemn us, but gives us opportunity to repent. The clay will be formed to be the vessel for His glory. God is still able to fix the broken vessel when we fall.
- The Lord remembers us as the criminal who was crucified besides Jesus, in total failure, suffering, and cursed.
23:40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
23:41 "And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong."
23:42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom."
23:43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."
He remembers us, so that He can remove us from the atmosphere of curse to paradise or the atmosphere of heavenly kingdom or united marriage. How destroyed our condition is, the Lord still remembers, cares, and struggles with us.
God blesses you.