Bible Study Service in Malang, September 14, 2023 (Thursday Evening)
Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
20:7. Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
20:8. and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.
20:9. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
20:10. The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Satan is put into the prison for a thousand years, and then he will be released from his prison.
The spirits of the evil men since Cain will battle with the spirits of the good men since Abel. But fire comes down from God out of heaven and devours them. The devil, who deceives them, is cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the Antichrist and the false prophet are.
The number of men who are with Satan is as the sand of the sea. Physically, it refers to the great war. Spiritually, it refers to those whose spirituality is like the sand while they live in the world.
It means as follows:
- Those who are hold captive by Devil throughout their lives.
1:9. "They all come for violence; Their faces are set like the east wind. They gather captives like sand.
It can be divided as follows:
- People who have not known Jesus. They just look for the worldly need as well as commit sins up to the peak.
- The priests and kings--the servants of God--who are hold captive by Satan.
1:1. In the second year of King Darius, in the sixth month, on the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came by Haggai the prophet to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, saying,
The fact is being inactive in the spiritual thing.
1:2. "Thus speaks the LORD of hosts, saying: 'This people says, "The time has not come, the time that the LORD'S house should be built."'
One is busy to look for the physical thing, so he becomes unfaithful even he leaves the ministry or the building of the body of Christ. It is the same as sacrificing the spiritual thing.
1:9. "You looked for much, but indeed it came to little; and when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why?" says the LORD of hosts. "Because of My house that is in ruins, while every one of you runs to his own house.
1:10. "Therefore the heavens above you withhold the dew, and the earth withholds its fruit.
1:11. "For I called for a drought on the land and the mountains, on the grain and the new wine and the oil, on whatever the ground brings forth, on men and livestock, and on all the labor of your hands."
The consequences are as follows:
- [verse 9] The spirituality is broken or in ruins. The fact is that one is not fervent in the spiritual things such as ministering, worshipping, reading the bible and so on. He does not live in righteousness and holiness, and so does his marriage.
- [verse 11] Experiencing the spiritual drynessor without grain--the Word--, oil--Holy Spirit--, and wine--God's love--, so one does not experience the satisfaction. Consequently, he will look for the apparent satisfaction in the world, so he falls into sins up to the peak. Or, the worldly satisfaction is brought into the church, so the fall into sins up the peak happens. The example is Hophni and Phinehas.
His word is dry, namely lie, gossip, slander, and blasphemy.
His physical life is dry, namely in difficulties.
- Being in vain, namely one cannot enjoy the physical thing he gets.
1:6. "You have sown much, and bring in little; You eat, but do not have enough; You drink, but you are not filled with drink; You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; And he who earns wages, Earns wages to put into a bag with holes."
- The descendants of Abraham who are lukewarm.
13:16. "And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered.
22:17. "blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heavenand as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.
The three kinds of Abraham's descendants or Christian are as follows:
- As the dust of the earth, namely the flesh and blood men who just commit sins up to the peak, so they become the serpent's food.
3:14. So the LORD God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life.
- As the stars of the heaven, namely the priest and king or the servant of God who is used to glorify God.
49:3. "And He said to me, 'You are My servant, O Israel, In whom I will be glorified.'
49:4. Then I said, 'I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain; Yet surely my just reward is with the LORD, And my work with my God.'"
As a result, our reward and work are in the hand of God for our life now up to eternal life. God never lies.
- As the sand which is on the seashore, namely not as the dust and not as the stars. It means the lukewarmess like the church of the Laodiceans.
3:15. "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
3:16. "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
3:17. "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing' --and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
The states are as follows:
- One just relies on the physical thing such as intelligence, riches, and position. He does not rely on God in his daily life and ministry.
Consequently, his spirituality is wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked, so his ministry is broken.
- Not being hot means not ministering to God faithfully and fervently.
Not being cold means having no peace, so one minister with envy, hatred, dispute, and revenge.
Being neither dead nor raised means that one does not experience the renewal of life. He keeps becoming the flesh and blood man who has the eighteen attitudes of the flesh because he rejects the power of godliness, namely the true teaching Word and the cross. He does not willingly suffer or sacrifice, so he is marked with the triple six by the Antichrist.
- [verse 16] His life is like vomit, namely disgusting and unclean. He just commits sins up to the peak.
- The servant of God who hears the Word, and does not do it, so he becomes a foolish man who builds his house on the sand.
7:26. "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
7:27. "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
It means that one is active in the ministry of the building of the spiritual house, but it is not in line with the teaching Word. He becomes disobedient. He just follows the lust of the flesh.
The consequence of disobedience is not enduring to face the attack of the trinity of Satan as follows:
The consequence is falling, and great is its fall, so it cannot be fixed anymore, but perdition forever because at that time he cannot hear the true teaching Word anymore.
- The rainrefers to Satan with the spirit of uncleanness as the cause of sin, so one commits sins up to the peak.
- The windsrefer to the false prophet with the false teaching and impossible problems in all things, so one doubts even leaves God.
- The floods refer to the Antichrist with the power of Mammon, namely the bond of money. It is the spirit of wickedness or the one of selling-buying. All ministries are valued in money.
Stinginess means that one cannot give for the working of God and others who are in need.
Greediness means stealing the possession of others.
As long as we live in the world and we can hear the true teaching Word, we are still able to be fixed, purified, and changed no matter our ruin is. We are still able to be helped no matter our problem is.
27:41. But striking a place where two seas met, they ran the ship aground; and the prow stuck fast and remained immovable, but the stern was being broken up by the violence of the waves.
The building of the body of Christ is like a ship that crosses the sea towards the haven of peace, namely the New Jerusalem. The state of the spiritual house that falls and great is its fall is like a ship that strikes a place where two seas meet. The consequences are as follows:
- The stern is being broken up. It means that the first love is gone. Without the fist love means without repentance, so one just commits sins up to the peak.
- The prow sticks fast and remained immovable. It means without hope or holiness.
2:11. Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh--who are called Uncircumcisionby what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands--
2:12. that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hopeand without Godin the world.
2:13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
The Gentiles have the five 'without' as follows:
- Being uncircumcision. It means without repentance and holiness, so one lives for sin.
- Being without Christ. It means being without the anointing of Holy Spirit, so one lives for the flesh.
- Being without promise. It means being without eternal life.
- Being without hope. It means that one is easily desperate, disappointed, and proud.
- Being without God. It means being without love.
19:21. And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.
At the end of the time when the Antichrist reigns over the world and Jesus comes a second time, people who have not known Jesus, the Christian who are like sand, including the people who have died before Jesus comes will be killed with the sword of the punishment of God. All of them will be risen after the One-Thousand-Year Kingdom of Peace to become the armies of Satan to battle with the holy men in Jesus. They will be defeated. Satan and his follower will enter the hell.
Before it happens, there is a chance to be helped.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
6:19. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
6:20. For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 7:23
7:23. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men.
The Gentiles are redeemed with the precious blood, so they become a worthy life before God.
The process is as follows:
- Having faith or believing in Jesus as the only Savior.
- Repenting or stopping sinning and returning to God--being dead to sin.
- The water baptism and Holy Spirit baptism.
The true water baptism is that one who has died to sin or repented must be buried in the water with Jesus and come out or rise from water with Him to receive new life, namely Holy Spirit baptism, so he lives in righteousness.
12:11. not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
We become the armor of righteousness, namely the servant of God who ministers correctly, obediently, and faithfully.
12:3. Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever.
We become as the shining stars, namely we testify, invite others, and glorify God. We trust and commit ourselves to God. We worship Him, and stretch out our hands to Him.
1:20. "The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
As a result, the stars are in the right hand of God as follows:
God blesses us.
- The right hand of God gives us victory.
118:15. The voice of rejoicing and salvation Is in the tents of the righteous; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
118:16. The right hand of the LORD is exalted; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
118:17. I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of the LORD.
15:4. Pharaoh's chariots and his army He has cast into the sea; His chosen captains also are drowned in the Red Sea.
15:5. The depths have covered them; They sank to the bottom like a stone.
15:6. "Your right hand, O LORD, has become glorious in power; Your right hand, O LORD, has dashed the enemy in pieces.
The hand of God finishes all of impossible problems in due time.
The hand of God gives the beautiful and successful future.
We are used in the revival of Holy Spirit in the last rain or the building of the perfect body of Christ.
- The right hand of God exalts us. It means that He purifies and changes us up to perfection.
If we die, we will be risen in the body of glory when Jesus comes a second time. The people who live in the Lord will be changed in the body of glory. Both will be one perfect body of Christ.