General Service in Malang, January 17, 2016 (Sunday Morning)
Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 3:14-22 is about the church of the Laodiceans.
The spiritual condition of the church of the Laodiceans or the church in the last days is being lukewarm. Physically they are rich and have need of nothing. However, spiritually they are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked. The consequence is being vomited by God and destroyed forever.
3:18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, thatthe shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.
3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
God counsels, rebukes, and chastens the church of the Laodiceans or all of us to buy the richness of the Heaven so we are rich spiritually. We can satisfy and please God, and He will please us.
There are three types of the richness of the Heaven that must be bought as follows.
Thus, we will not be lukewarm but rich spiritually. We are eaten and enjoyed by God. We satisfy and please God forever.
- Gold refined in the fire = the perfect faith.
- White garment to cover the nakedness = the garment of ministry.
- Oil to grease the eyes, so we can see = the anointing of Holy Spirit.
6:19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
6:20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
While we are active to buy three types of the richness of the Heaven, there are three enemies that endanger as follows.
ad. a. Moth destroys white garment.
- Moth destroys the white garment.
- Rust destroys the metal.
- Thieves steal the oil.
25:26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
25:30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
Moth refers to a wicked and lazy servant of God.
Being lazy means being unfaithful in the ministry, even leaving it.
Being wicked means envy, hatred without any reasons, and killing (as Cain murders Abel). Now it also includes character assassination through gossips, slander, or disfiguring words.
Being wicked also means having the lust of money that causes one to be stingy and greedy. If one is wicked, he must be unclean.
The consequence of being wicked and lazy is being useless, even ruining the body of Christ. This kind of live is in the darkness and will be destroyed forever. Therefore, we must be set free from moth.
Being set free from moth means as follows.
God blesses us.
- Becoming the servant of God who ministers Him with faithfulness and goodness until the end line, that is until we die or Jesus comes a second time.
25:21 His lord said to him, 'Well done,good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
The practices of ministering with faithfulness and goodness are as follows.
The results are as follows.
- Ministering with faithfulness and good conscience.
1 Peter 3:20-21
3:20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while theark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.
3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us--baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
The true water baptism is one who has died to sins must be buried in water together with Jesus, to be raised with Him (come up from water) and receive new life, that is having good conscience.
Good conscience can differ the right things and the wrong ones, starting from the true teaching Word and the wrong one. Good conscience obeys the true teaching Word.
Thus, ministering with faithfulness and good conscience means ministering with faithfulness and obedience.
- Ministering with faithfulness as well as good and right deeds, and good and right words. It is until we can repay wickedness with goodness.
- Ministering with faithfulness and without any physical purposes, but with devotion and sacrifice.
- We are entrusted greater responsibility, that is being entrusted in the revival of the white horse or the revival of building the perfect body of Christ.
- We experience the Heavenly joy in the midst of the world that is full of curses.
- Becoming the servant of God who ministers Him with faithfulness and fervency in spirit until the end line, that is until we die or Jesus comes a second time.
12:11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
1:7 And of the angels He says:"Who makes His angels spiritsâ€¨And His ministers a flame of fire."
The servant of God who ministers with faithfulness and goodness as well as with faithfulness and fervency in spirit equals to a flame of fire.
1:14 His head and hair werewhite like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
The eyes of God are like a flame of fire.
Thus, the servant of God who ministers with faithfulness and goodness as well as with faithfulness and fervency in spirit equals to the eyes of God. He is dedicated for God.
The daily practices of becoming the eyes of God are as follows.
- Enduring in facing the flame of sanctification in the shepherding system.
3:1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.
3:2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush wasnot consumed.
3:3 Then Moses said, "I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn."
3:4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am."
3:5 Then He said, "Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand isholy ground."
In the shepherding, there is a great sight, that is a bush is burning with fire, but it is not consumed.
A thorn refers to sinful man who is cursed and lives in pain. A thorn also refers to men who stab and hurt one another.
The bush that is burning with fire means the sinful flesh man is sanctified by the fire of the Heaven, that is the fire of the Word, Holy Spirit, and God's love through the shepherding system. In the Tabernacle, it refers to the Holy Place. There are three types of equipment inside it that refer to the perseverance in three main services as follows.
The result is Moses takes his sandals off his feet, meaning we experience inner and outer sanctification. We experience the sanctification of our body, soul, and spirit, so we return as a newborn baby. It means as follows.
- Golden Candlestick refers to perseverance in General Service. We have fellowship with Holy Spirit God in His gifts. We experience sanctification by the flame of Holy Spirit.
- Table of Showbread refers to perseverance in Bible Study Service with Holy Communion. We have fellowship with the Son of God in the true teaching Word and the sacrifice of Christ. We experience sanctification by the flame of the Word of God.
- Golden Altar of Incense refers to perseverance in Prayer Service. We have fellowship with Father God in His love. We experience sanctification by the flame of God's love.
- We minister God by emptying ourselves. We only do our obligations and have no rights.
49:3 "And He said to me,â€¨'You areMy servant, O Israel,â€¨In whom I will be glorified.'
49:4 Then I said, 'I have labored in vain,â€¨I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain;â€¨Yet surely my just reward iswith the Lord,â€¨And my work with my God.'"
Thus, our rights and rewards are with the Lord, either for our present life, beautiful future, up to the eternal life.
- Not doing sin, until being unable to do sin. We are holy as Jesus is.
27:28 'Nevertheless no devoted offeringthat a man may devote to the Lord of all that he has, bothman and beast, or the field of his possession, shall be sold or redeemed; every devoted offering ismost holy to the Lord.
- Enduring in facing the fiery trial.
2 Timothy 3:12
3:12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
The fiery trial means as follows.
The fiery trial is thrown by Satan so the servants of God enter the flame of judgment in the hell.
- Trials up to the persecution of antichrist for three years and a half.
- Sin up to the peak of sin, that is sin concerning eating-drinking and marrying-being given in marriage.
- False teaching and false worship. The nature of false teaching is seducing and forcing.
3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter.
3:17 If that is the case,our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver usfrom your hand, O king.
3:18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."
3:24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste andspoke, saying to his counselors, "Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?" They answered and said to the king, "True, O king."
3:25 "Look!" he answered, "I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God."
The way out is we must hold fast the true teaching Word, the true consecration, the true worship, the true marriage, the true finance. We only believe and hope to the mercy of God. Thus, God is with us. He is able to care and protect us miraculously in the midst of impossibility. God is able to solve all our problems, even the impossible ones. God is able to give us beautiful and successful future.
- Enduring in facing the flame of glory when Jesus comes a second time on the glorious clouds.
2 Thessalonians 1:7
1:7 and to giveyou who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
12:1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.
Besides being sanctified in the shepherding pen, we also live in light.
It is a great sight. In the past, Moses saw the bush burning with fire but it was not consumed. Later, we will become the Heavenly bride with the light of the sun, the moon, and the stars.
- In the General Service, we are illuminated with the light of Holy Spirit, until we have the light of twelve stars.
- In the Bible Study Service with Holy Communion, we are illuminated with the light of the Word of God, until we have the light of the moon under the feet.
- In Prayer Service, we are illuminated with the light of God's love, until we have the light of the sun.
12:2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.
12:3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.
The condition of the church of God is as a pregnant woman who is in pain to give birth and faces a dragon. It means that she is really powerless and faces impossibility. The thing that we can do is only groaning and crying to God through worship prayer. We ask for the mercy of God until He compassionates toward us. The results are as follows.
- The two wings of a great eagle to fly us into the wilderness far from the eye of antichrist.
12:6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
12:14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
- We experience life renewal from the flesh man to the spiritual one as Jesus.
8:22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.
8:23 Not only that,but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
We are renewed to become strong and of good courage. We are not disappointed and desperate. We do not step back any little. Thus, physical miracle will also happen.
1 Chronicles 28:20
28:20 And David said to his son Solomon, "Be strong and of good courage, and do it;do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God--my God--will bewith you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
God will stretch out His hands to solve all our problems even the impossible ones.
2 Thessalonians 1:4-7
1:4 so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure,
1:5 which ismanifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer;
1:6 since it isa righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you,
1:7 and to giveyou who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
We will endure in facing the flame of glory when Jesus comes a second time on the glorious clouds. We are glorified with Him forever.