Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We are in Revelation 2-3 (it has been explained from General Service in Surabaya, July 27, 2014)
We are learning Revelation 3: 14-22 about the church of the LAODICEANS
. This is the last or the seventh church in the book of Revelation that shows the condition of the church in the last days (it has been explained from General Service in Surabaya, June 14, 2015)
.Revelation 3: 16-193:16. "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
3:17 "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing' --and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
3:18 "I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.
3:19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
of the church of the Laodiceans is in LUKEWARMNESS
It means that they are rich physically and do not lack of anything, but the spirituality is wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked
, they are vomited by God. They are useless before God, disgusting, unclean, cursed, and separated from Him until they perish forever.
Therefore, in verse 18-19 God rebukes and advises
the church of the Laodiceans with the teaching Word that is sharper than any two-edged sword to make them or all of us buy the treasure of heaven. If the rebuke and advice are ignored, God will chasten
There are three kinds of heavenly treasure
that must be bought or possessed by the church of the Laodiceans or all of us as follows.
- Gold refined in the fire (it has been explained from General Service in Surabaya, July 12, 2015to Prayer Service in Surabaya, July 15, 2015). It refers to the pure faithor permanent, tested, and perfect one that is ready to welcome Jesus' second coming.
- White garments (it has been explained from General Service in Surabaya, July 19, 2015) that refer to the garments of mercy and trust of God.
- Shepherding garments (it has been explained from Bible Study Service in Surabaya, July 20, 2015to General Service in Surabaya, July 26, 2015).
- Ministry garments (it has been explained from Prayer Service in Surabaya, August 5, 2015to Bible Study Service in Surabaya, August 17, 2015).
- Eye salves to anoint the eyes (it has been explained since Prayer Service in Surabaya, August 19, 2015).
AD 3. EYE SALVES TO ANOINT THE EYES
The salves refer to the anointing oil of Holy Spirit
to make us see Jesus.
We must try hard to see Jesus, namely His side, nail-pierced hands, and face (it has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, August 23, 2015
We can see Him by seeing HIS FIELD
. John 4: 354:35."Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!
The field of God refers to the ministry or activity. 1 Corinthians 3: 93:9. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
God's field is the same as His building or the ministry for building the body of Christ.
Thus, looking at God's field means that we actively minister to God in building the body of Christ as follows
- It begins from actively ministering as the husband, wife, and children in the marriage or the smallest body of Christ.
- It becomes greater in the shepherding that we minister to God according to our ministry.
- It becomes greater in the inter-shepherding fellowship service.
- Finally, the Israelites and Gentiles become one perfect body.
There are two things we must heed in God's field or the ministry for building the perfect body of Christ as follows
- The seed.
There is a rule about the seed to make the priests holy.
Leviticus 19: 19
19:19. ' You shall keep My statutes. You shall not let your livestock breed with another kind. You shall not sow your field with mixed seed. Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you.
It means that there is a relationship between the holiness and the seed of the Word that is sown.
'the field' also refers to our life.
'You shall not sow your field with mixed seed' means that there must be one seedof the true teaching Word so that we can be holy.
There will be uncleanness if there are two kinds of seed.
Eve heard the voice of God and the serpent, so she was naked.
The true teaching Word is written in the Bible and revealed by God through a verse that explains other verses in the Bible.
1 Timothy 1: 3-4
1:3. As I urged you when I went into Macedonia--remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
1:4 nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.
'You shall not sow your field with mixed seed' (Leviticus 19 : 19) is made firm in the New Testament (1 Timothy 1 : 3), namely 'you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine.' It means that there must be one true doctrine, nothing else.
There must be no little difference.
The two witnesses (Leviticus 19: 19 and 1 Timothy 1: 3 are enough to make us firm.
The attitudes of a servant of God must be as follows.
- There must be a firmnessby the anointing of Holy Spirit to hold fast one true teaching Word we have believed and experienced and reject the other teachings.
1 Timothy 4: 1
4:1. Now the Spirit expresslysays that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
A doubt because of looking at human or others shows that there is no Holy Spirit or eye salves.
Eve perished because of hearing other teaching once. Therefore, do not give a chance to hear other teaching although only once!
If a servant of God is firm in the anointing of Holy Spirit, the congregation is too.
- Being the example in faith.
Hebrews 13: 7-9
13:7. Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
13:8 Jesus Christ is the sameyesterday, today, and forever.
13:9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.
'Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you,' = The ruler is the shepherd or pastor.
'whose faith follow' = the pastor must be example in faith.
Verse 9= Jesus does not change in His power and Word or teaching. The teaching does not change, neither does the power.
A servant of God must be the example in faith as follows.
- Not changing in the true teaching. Changing in the teaching will cause the changing in words or tongue.
- Keeping on living in righteousness.
- Believing and hoping in God or the true teaching Word facing the temptations or problems.
- The groundthat refers to our heart.
There are four kinds of the ground of heart as follows.
The three kinds of equipment in the Holy Place have been destroyed. Now, we have the spiritual meaning in Acts 2: 42, namely the three kinds of perseverance in the early rain church or the perseverance in doing three main services to God in the shepherding pen for us.
- The heart like the wayside.
Luke 8: 12
8:12. "Those by the waysideare the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
It refers to the logic or mind as follows.
Consequently, one does not understand nor believe. It means there is no salvation (lest they should believe and be saved.)
- Not being shepherded but wandering.
- Serving and ministering to God, but not concentrating to the preached Word of God.
- The hard heart like the rock.
Luke 8: 13
8:13. "But the ones on the rockare those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a whileand in time of temptation fall away.
It meansreceiving the Word with emotion.
Consequently, the Word does not root. The growth is disturbed and the Word does not become faith. One will fall away in facing temptations.
- The heart like thornsthat is full of fleshly wills and anxiety. Such person does not obey the Word although he believes in it.
Luke 8: 14
8:14. "Now the ones that fell among thornsare those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
Consequently, he never produces fruits. He never changes, but keeps on being human in flesh and blood that is stamped with 666 by the antichrist to perish forever.
- The good ground or the gentle heart.
Luke 8: 15
8:15. "But the ones that fell on the good groundare those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.
James 1: 21
1:21. Therefore lay aside all filthinessand overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
In the gentle heart, the seed of the true teaching Word is planted to produce root, bud, flower, and fruit, up to the one hundred fold ones.
The process is as follows.
- Hearing the true teaching Word seriously with a need like a hungry person eating the bread and a dog or Gentiles licking the crumbs. It means we feel that the crumbs are not enough and we want more.
- Understanding the Word by the help of Holy Spirit.
- Believing in the Word to become faith in heart. The Word roots in the heart. As a result, there is no opportunity for the other roots, namely evil, uncleanness, and bitterness, to grow.
- Obeying the Word. It grows, sprouts, and produces one hundred fold fruits or the ones of perseverance(Luke 8: 15) in doing three main services to God.
Acts 2: 41-42
2:41. Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
2:42 And they continued steadfastlyin the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
That is the success of the preaching of the Word, not the richess or quantity of the congregation. We are shepherded well and correctly in the shepherding pen.
We can find all things we need in the perseverance. God is our Shepherd who will be responsible for our life. He has given His soul to guarantee our life.
Hebrews 10: 36
10:36. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
Jesus willingly dies to give the life to the sheep, up to the eternal one.
Acts 2: 46
2:46. So continuing dailywith one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
This verse is not about the Holy Communion, but giving to one another.
The demand of the world increases, so our perseverance must increase until someday we are in the temple every day.
Isaiah 58: 6-7
58:6. "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?
58:7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your housethe poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
Verse 7 is not about the Holy Communion, but giving to one another.
The every day Holy Communion happens in the wilderness when we are evacuated for three years and six months. Finally, we serve to God on His throne day and night. We only serve and minister to Him at that time. Therefore, we must like serving to Him from now on.
Psalm 23: 1
23:1. <<A Psalm of David.>>The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
We can say the words of David in the shepherding pen, namely 'I shall not want.' It means as follows.
- We are preserved by God abundantly until we can always give thanks to Him.
- We can be as perfect as He is. We become His perfect body or bride.
Be careful!There will be separation in the shepherding pen, even between two people on the same bed
. There are two times of separation as follows
If a sheep has been obedient, there is a great power to pass through the difficult age up to the one of the antichrist
- The separation between goat and sheep.
Ezekiel 34: 17-19
34:17. 'And as for you, O My flock, thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I shall judge between sheep and sheep, between rams and goats.
34:18 "Is it too little for you to have eaten up the good pasture, that you must tread down with your feet the residue of your pasture--and to have drunk of the clear waters, that you must foul the residue with your feet?
34:19 "And as for My flock, they eat what you have trampled with your feet, and they drink what you have fouled with your feet."
The goat refers to egoistic person who does not obey the true teaching Word.
It means as follows.
- Fouling the true teaching Wordwith the deeds and words that are not in line with it, so other people do not want to receive the true teaching Word. It means that such person becomes a stumbling-block.
The goat also means disobedient person that always transgresses the Word.
- Not being able to give to and visit others who are in need.
We must remember other people physically and spiritually in our marriage through paying attention to them, praying for them, and inviting them to come to God, or else we cannot remember God and ourselves.
- The separation between sheep and sheep.
Ezekiel 34: 20-21
34:20. 'Therefore thus says the Lord GOD to them: "Behold, I Myself will judge between the fat and the lean sheep.
34:21 "Because you have pushed with side and shoulder, butted all the weak ones with your horns, and scattered them abroad,,
The fat sheep pushed with:
- Side or stomach; 'whose god is their belly'.
Philippians 3: 18-19
3:18. For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
3:19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame--who set their mind on earthly things. .
Verse 19 is the same as the church of the Laodiceans.
'whose god is their belly'means that they serve and minister to God only to look for fleshly needs, so they do not prioritize the Lord or the true teaching Word and the sanctification. It means that they reject the cross and the suffering in the flesh.
If we have the eyes that are anointed by Holy Spirit, we can see God's field, so we can enjoy the sword of the Word and the cross.
Receiving the sword, we can be sanctified more. We can always give thanks to Godalthough we must suffer because the suffering is nothing when it is compared with the cross.
- The shoulders refer to the responsibility.
'you have pushed with shoulder' means that one ministers to God without faithfulness and responsibility. The pastor must be careful first, or else the congregation will push with shoulder also.
- 'butted all the weak ones with your horns'means a disobedience.
. The examples are as follows.
- The widow of Zarephat.
1 Kings 17: 11-13, 15
17:11. And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, "Please bring me a morsel of bread in your hand."
17:12 So she said, "As the LORD your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die."
17:13 And Elijah said to her, "Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me; and afterward make some for yourself and your son.
17:15 So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days.
Verse 13 = the command of God.
Verse 15 = the widow was obedient until the flesh did not speak anymore.
We can face the crisis up to the days when the antichrist reigns over the world with our obedience that comes from the holiness. We are sanctified by the sword of the Word and cross of the Lord.
If we are obedient, we can offer a small cake to make God full and satisfied.
The merciful hand of God is able to preserve our lifein the midst of great crisis in the world up to the days when the antichrist reigns over the world for three years and six months although we are small, as long as we are HOLY, FAITHFUL, RESPONSIBLE, and OBEDIENT.
- Exodus 14: 16, 21
14:16. "But lift up your rod, and stretch out your handover the sea and divide it. And the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
14:21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land, and the waters were divided.
The small Moses and the house of Israelhad to face Pharaoh, the sea, and the great wilderness. He only stretched out the hands to God. It means living in holiness, faithfulness, responsibility, and obedience.
As a result, the hand of God's grace or the power of Holy Spirit could divide the sea. It means as follows.
- Giving solutionfrom all problems, even the impossible ones.
- There is a great revival to Canaan. We are used in the great revivalof the white horse or Holy Spirit at the latter rain to build the body of Christ although we are small.
- Revelation 3: 7-8
3:7. "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, "He who has the key of David, He who opensand no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens":
3:8 "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. "
'have kept My word'= OBEDIENCE.
'have not denied My name'= FAITHFULNESS.
The church in Philadelphia was small, but God gave them the key of David.
The key of David means the grace or mercy and goodness of God to open the doors for us. David was too small to defeat Goliath, but he could defeat him by the key of David. The doors can be opened as follows.
- The door of success and beautiful future life like the small David that could be a king.
- We are changed to be as perfect as Jesus is when He comes a second time and the door of the marriage supper of the Lamb is opened as well as the ones of Paradise and heavenly kingdom.
God blesses you.