Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We are still discussing Revelation 2-3
According to Tabernacle Teaching, it refers to the seven sprinklings of blood before the Ark of the Covenant
It means the seven epistles
for the seven churches of the Gentiles or the last sanctification
done by Jesus for the seven churches of the Gentiles
or the congregation in the last days to make them perfect or without blemish like Jesus. They become the perfect Bride of heaven who is ready to welcome Jesus' second coming on the glorious clouds to meet Him, the Heavenly Bridegroom, forever.
There are seven churches of the Gentiles
that experience the sprinkling of blood as follows.
- The church in EPHESUS(Revelation 2: 1-7) (it has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, July 27, 2014up to General Service in Surabaya, September 7, 2014). The church in Ephesus must return to the first loveto return to Paradise.
- The church in SMYRNA(Revelation 2: 8-11) that had to suffer. God said to them not to be afraid in the suffering, but faithful until death (it has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, September 14, 2014up to General Service in Surabaya, November 9, 2014).
- The church in PERGAMOS(Revelation 2: 12-17) (it has been explained in Bible Study Service in Surabaya, November 17, 2014).
AD. 3. THE CHURCH IN PERGAMOS
Revelation 2: 12-13
2:12. "And to the angel of the church in Pergamoswrite, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:
In verse 12, Jesus appears as the High and Great Shepherd with the sharp two-edged sword
or the true teaching Word sharper than any two-edged sword for facing the throne of Satan because the church in Pergamos dwells where Satan's throne is or placing them from the throne of Satan to heavenly one.
Revelation 2: 13-16
2:13. "I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.
2:14 "But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality.
2:15 "Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
2:16 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
Verse 13 = there are some people who are killed because they have strong faith. There are two conditions of the throne of Satan as follows
- verse 13= 'where Satan dwells'= the throne of darkness = uncleanness, evil (stinginess, greediness, envy, tribulation) up to murder. Nevertheless, the church in Pergamos keeps strong and firm in the faith. They do not deny Jesus. (It has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, November 23, 2014).
- verse 14-16= 'the doctrine of Balaam and the doctrine of the Nicolaitans'= the throne of deception= false teachings, namely the ones of Balaam and Nicolaitans.
Satan attacks the church in Pergamos with uncleanness, evil, persecution, and murder, but they keep strong and firm in the faith. They do not deny the faith. Satan attacks again with false teachings and some people can be deceived
. This is the infirmity of the church in Pergamos
. It is like the condition of Peter who could walk on the sea, but then sank because of the blowing of the wind.
Tonight, we learn about THE THRONE OF DECEPTION
.There are two false teachings that work together in Pergamos as follows.
- The teachings of Balaam, namely serving and ministering to God only to get physical wages or things.
2 Peter 2: 15-16
2:15. They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaamthe son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
2:16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man's voice restrained the madness of the prophet.
- The teachings of Nicolaitans, namely gathering many peopleby legalizing all ways in the world with entertainment and physical prosperity without the true teaching Word and sanctification. Consequently, there is adultery.
There must be the throne of Satan when there is no sword. Therefore, the Lord appears with the sword to replace them from the throne of Satan to the one of God.
of the two teachings is collecting much money from gathering many people, but there are idolatries and adulteries
Balaam rode a donkey. The donkey refers to the Gentiles.The donkey was used for two great revivals as follows.
- The one to Babylonor curse and perdition.
- Jesusrode on a donkey to go to Jerusalem(New Jerusalem). It refers to the revival of Holy Spirit at the latter rain or the building of the perfect body of Christ through the sword of the true teaching Word or Bride Tidings. We can be the bride of God to enter New Jerusalem and sit with Jesus on the heavenly throne forever.
Just choose whether the donkey is ridden by Balaam or Jesus
.The revival of Balaam gets many physical wages, but goes to curse
.The revival of Holy Spirit at the latter rain
is the one in faith
, namely giving the time, energy, money, and thought, up to our whole life to God.
It is not the revival to receive, but to give or sacrifice like the people who threw the garments and food for the donkey when Jesus sat on it to go to Jerusalem.If we give or entrust our life to the Lord, He will also sit on us or give His life for us.
All things must be sacrificed for the building of the body of Christ, beginning from within the marriage, except the true teaching Word because there will be the throne of Satan, curse, and perdition if there is no sword.
Thus, the last sanctification for the church in Pergamos is they MUST RETURN TO THE TRUE TEACHING WORD or the Word sharper than any two-edged sword
. There is no other way. Keeping the false teachings and not repenting, one will get the sword of condemnation
(verse 16) and perdition forever. Revelation 2: 162:16. 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
Why can the church in Pergamos be deceived
although they can fight against the evil, uncleanness, and murder?
- THE MINDis deceived from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2 Corinthians 11: 2-4
11:2. For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothedyou to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corruptedfrom the simplicity that is in Christ.
11:4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted--you may well put up with it!
'engagement time'= the last days= one step before the wedding.
It has happened in the book of Genesis and will happen on the last days.
'you may well put up with it'= not being firm against other teachings. Maybe the difference is only a little, but it will be like a railway track that is not straight.
your minds may be corruptedfrom the simplicity that is in Christmeans as follows.
- Not being faithful to the true teaching Word that has been life experience.
For example,God commanded Eve in garden Eden 'all fruits may be eaten freely, except on in the middle of the garden'. She rejoiced in the preservation of God, without any tear. Suddenly, she was deceived by the serpent because of well putting up with it or not being firm in rejecting the false teachings.
Galatians 1: 6-8
1:6. I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Himwho called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
1:7 which is not another; but there are some who troubleyou and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
'other gospel'= other teachings.
'let him be accursed'= being different from the right teachings means going towards the curse like Balaam.
The other teachings reversethe gospel of Christ. It allows something that is forbidden by God and vice versa.
Genesis 3: 1
3:1. Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eatof every tree of the garden'?"
"Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eatof every tree of the garden'?" Actually, God spoke 'Of every tree of the garden you may freelyeat, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil'. It is reversed by Satan to become 'the one forbidden fruit may be eaten'.
The forbidden things are allowed. It is especially about the teachings of Jezebel that allow women to teach and have authority over men and the ones of Pharisees that allow divorce and remarrying.
We must not well put up with it.
Do not give any opportunity to hear false teachings, or else you will fall like Eve and add as well as eliminate or change the true teaching Word.
Genesis 2: 16
2:16. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freelyeat;
Genesis 3: 2
3:2. And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eatthe fruit of the trees of the garden;
Eve reduced the true teaching Word. She eliminated the word 'freely.' It meansthere is no freedom of Holy Spirit anymore. The time to preach the Word is limited so that it only takes short time. The content of the Word is limited so that it will not be so hard anymore.
Consequently, the congregation becomes DEAF(not hearing well) or has spiritual defect. They are still bound by the sins.
Genesis 2: 17
2:17. "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
Genesis 3: 3
3:3. "but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touchit, lest you die.'
Eve also added the true teaching Word. She added the word 'touch' Consequently,the congregation becomes DUMB(not saying well).
Adding the word 'touch' means as follows.
Consequently, there is no touching of God's hand.
- Adding with jokeslike Samson, the image of Holy Spirit, who was forced to perform in the temple of Dagon. Consequently, three thousand people died and there was opportunity neither to repent nor reach perfection. The figure three thousand or perfection refers to the Holy Place, whose volume is two thousand cubits cube, and the Most Holy place, whose volume is one thousand cubits cube.
- Adding with illustrationthat cannot be accounted for. Only the logic is pleased, but there is no sanctification.
Being deaf and dumb spiritually means there is spiritual epilepsy.
Mark 9: 22, 25
9:22. "And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us."
9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!"
Mark 9: 22, 25 = Matthew 17 'Jesus went down from the mountain to cast out the deaf and dumb spirit'.
The epilepsyrefers to uncleanness, morality degradation, the sins concerning eating-drinking and marrying-being given in marriage, no future life, but gloomy life, and destruction in marriage and children.
Such defect causes one not able to get the perfection. He or she cannot be the bride of God. Moreover, one cannot welcome the second coming of Jesus, but be left behind and enter the feast of slaughterin the world that is done by the sword coming out of the Lord's mouth.
Revelation 19: 17, 21
19:17. Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God,
19:21 And the rest were killed with the swordwhich proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filledwith their flesh.
verse 9 = the marriage supper of the Lamb od God on the glorious clouds. This is the perfection.
'were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse' = The rest, who is not perfect because of being dumb and deaf, will be left behind and get the sword of slaughter.
- Being unfaithful, even leaving the service and ministry to God.
Hebrews 10: 25-29
10:25. not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
10:27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
10:28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
10:29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
'as is the manner of some' = it has been a habit.
'as you see the Day approaching'= Jesus will come a second time soon. Now, we are in the engagement time. There are many people who leave the true teaching Word and the service and ministry to God.
'For if we sin willfully' = the habitual sin becomes the intentional one.
'there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins' = there is no forgiveness anymore.
Unfaithfulnessbecomes the intentional sin.
It meansone does not regret anymore when he cannot serve to God, even he smiles.
Leaving the service and ministryalso becomes the intentional sin. One deliberately does not serve to God although he has a chance to do that. It means trampling the blood of Jesus underfoot.Consequently, one is condemned by the fiery indignation.
- The HEARTis deceived.
Hebrews 3: 10-11
3:10. Therefore I was angry with that generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.'
3:11 So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest.'"
'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways' = if the heart is deceived, the way will be too.
It meansrejecting the way of the Lord or the cross. John the Baptist has said 'Every valley shall be exalted and every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight and the rough places smooth', so that we have a straight heart, not the serpentine way.
The consequence of rejecting the way of the Lord or the cross is not entering the rest or Sabbath.
There are three kinds of Sabbath as follows.
Not experiencing the rest or peace means not entering New Jerusalem, but perdition.
- Little Sabbath or the rest and peace in Holy Spirit we can have every day, not only on the seventh day like the experience of the house of Israel. If we experience it, we can have the second one.
- The great Sabbath or the rest in one thousand years kingdom of peace or the future paradise in Revelation 20. If there is no peace in our life now, we will not enter the future paradise. Our peaceful life now will be accumulated until we enter the one thousand years kingdom of peace.
- The eternal Sabbath or the rest in New Jerusalem or eternal heavenly kingdom forever.
Matthew 7: 13-14
7:13. "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
7:14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Verse 13 = one will choose the wide way that is comfortable for the flesh and go toward perdition because his heart is deceived.
The meanings of the wide way are as follows.
The people made the synagogue as the marketplace by selling and buying. Consequently, Jesus whipped them and said 'My house shall be called a house of prayer,' but you have made it a 'den of thieves.'
- The way that is comfortable for the flesh. So, one keeps on sinning.
- The way to the marketplace. The service in marketplace system is as follows.
- Looking for physical advantages only.
- Being crowded in worldly ways.
- Only looking for the cheap things. All peole may preach the Word of God.
Let us enter through the narrow way or the cross as follows.
1 Peter 2: 21-24
2:21.For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
2:22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceitfound in His mouth";
2:23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously;
2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed.
'that you should follow His steps'= following the way of the cross that is full of blood as follows.
- The way of deathto sin or repentance.
It means as follows.
- Not sinning (verse 22),
- Not lying (verse 22 'Nor was deceit found in His mouth'),
- Not repaying evil for evil, but good for evil (verse 23).
- The way of resurrection: 'live for righteousness' (verse 24). All things in our life must be righteous.
Living in righteousness is as if we enter through a narrow door, but we have the health by the power of Jesus' stripes that heals us('by whose stripes you were healed'). We are healthy physically and spiritually and Satan cannot touch us.
Isaiah 32: 17
32:17. The work of righteousness will be peace, And the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever.
Moreover, there is Sabbath or peace and silence where there is righteousness.
- Not being shepherded.
1 Peter 2: 25
2:25. For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherdand Overseer of your souls.
The Gentiles who are not shepherded will get these consequences.
For example, Peter denied Jesus because he was empty and not shepherded although the shepherd was Jesus Himself.
- Being like dog and swine.
The saying is like dog's, namely idle words, lie, gossip, slander, vilifying others, and even blaspheming God or blaming and making hostility toward the true teaching Word.
The deed is like swine's, namely uncleanness and sins concerning eating-drinking and marrying-being given in marriage.
- Being deceived. How great a sheep is, it will be deceived if it is not shepherded.
- Being weary and heavy laden.
Matthew 9: 36
9:36. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were wearyand scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.
It happens because all things are born by the sheep alone and they are scattered. There is no one who takes the responsibility for the salvation of soul. On the contrary, all heavy burdens and weariness are born by the shepherd if we are shepherded.
- Being empty in the spirituality.
Zechariah 10: 2
10:2. For the idolsspeak delusion; The diviners envision lies, And tell false dreams; They comfort in vain. Therefore the people wend their way like sheep; They are in trouble because there is no shepherd.
- Running to the idols or false teachings that learn Satan and the house. Moreover, learning Tabernacle or the house of God and Bride Tidings is considered as pornography.
- Running to entertainment and worldly prosperity.
- There is no love of God even one denies Jesus.
John 21: 15-17
21:15. So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Memore than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."
21:16 He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "TendMy sheep."
21:17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grievedbecause He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.
The proof of loving God is feeding the sheep. Peter got three times of Jesus' question span style=and he was grieved because he knew that he had denied Jesus and been deceived due to he did not have any love of God.
The three times of Jesus' questioning are as follows.
Peter did not have Agape and Phileo love. It means that he was empty of the love of God and deceived. We must be careful now. Who are we, comparing to Peter? He was great, but he could deny Jesus.
- The first question is with Agape love or the love of God 'do you love Me with Agape love?' It was answered 'Yes, Lord; You know that I love You with phileo love (the love to other people)'.
- The second question is with Agape love or the love of God 'do you love Me with Agape love?' It was answered 'Yes, Lord; You know that I love You with phileo love (the love to other people)'.
- The third question is decreased by God, namely with phileo love 'do you love Me with phileo love?' It was answered with grief because Peter had denied Jesus as his friend and teacher.
The three questions refer to the shepherding pen or perseverance in doing three main services to God. We are shepherded well and correctly in the Holy Place where there are three kinds of equipment as follows.
Entering the shepherding pen means passing through the narrow door or the way of the cross.
- Golden Candlstick or perseverance in doing General Service to have fellowship with Holy Spirit God in the gifts.
- Table of Showbread or perseverance in doing Bible Study Service with Holy Communion to have fellowship with the Son of God in the true teaching Word and the sacrifice of Christ. |
- Golden Altar of Incense or perseverance in doing Prayer Service to have fellowship with Father God in His love.
Many pastors do not like that. Satan kills the pastor firstso that the sheep are scattered.
Our body, soul, and spirit attach to or walk with the Trinity of God in the shepherding pen like a branch that dwells in the True Vine, so Satan cannot touch us.
We will produce the sweet fruits soon or later and receive the miraculous love of God or we are not empty, and we can love Him more than anything as well as stretch out our hand to Him.
John 21: 18
21:18. "Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish."
'you will stretch out your hands', 'carry you where you do not wish' = surrendering to God until the flesh does not speak anymore. Peter was brought to the place he did not wish.
It means as follows.
If we lift up our two hands to God, He will stretch out His mighty hand for us. We are held by the right hand of God and cannot be deceived (1 Peter 5: 6: 'under the mighty hand of God').
- Obedience until the flesh does not speak anymore.
1 Peter 5: 5-6 ('about the shepherding')
5:5. Likewise you younger people, submityourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
For example, Abraham was obedient to God through slaughtering his own son.
- Casting all our care and fear to God until we can submit our whole life to God and love Him more than anything.
1 Peter 5: 7
5:7. casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
- Willingly sacrificingall things, even the soul, for God. It is written in John 21: 18 about how Peter died for God.
Psalm 118: 15-16
118:15. The voice of rejoicing and salvationIs in the tents of the righteous; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
118:16 The right hand of the LORD is exalted; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
Verse 15 = the right hand of God gives us victory.
Verse 16 = the right hand of God lifts us up right in His time (1 Peter 5: 6).
The right hand of God is useful as follows.
- For preserving our lifein the middle of impossibilities and difficulties in the world (1 Peter 5: 7). The Lord never fools us. The right hand of God is mightier than our problems.
Our life does not come from the world, but it is determined by the hand of God. All things in the world are only tools.
- For giving us victoryover Satan, temptation, and impossible problems.
We cannot be deceived in the shepherding pen because we are being held by the right hand of God.
- For lifting us up right in His time. It means as follows.
- Failure is changed into success. The right hand of God gives us beautiful and successful future lifein His time. We only wait for His time in the right shepherding pen and lift up our two hands to God or obey, fully surrender, and willingly sacrifice for Him.
- The right hand of God uses our life in the revival of Holy Spirit at the latter rain.
- The right hand of God sanctifies and changes our lifeuntil we are as perfect as He is and we become His bride.
We are lifted up on the glorious clouds when Jesus comes a second time and we sit together with Him on heavenly throne forever.
God blesses you.