Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 2-3 is about the seven times of the sprinkling of blood in front of the Ark of Covenant. It refers to the last sanctification to the seven churches of the Gentiles or the church in the last days, until we become perfect and blameless as Him. We are worthy to welcome His second coming on the glorious clouds.Revelation 2:26-292:26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—2:27 ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’— as I also have received from My Father; 2:28 and I will give him the morning star.2:29 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’
The promises of God to the church in Thyatira who overcomes are as follows.
- Ruling the nations with a rod of iron.
- God gives the morning star to us.
ad. 1. Ruling the nations with a rod of iron.
It equals to sitting on the throne of judgment together with God.
Who will be judged? The nations will be dashed to pieces with a rod of iron like the potter’s vessels. The broken vessel is a clay pot that breaks into pieces until it is destroyed forever.
The clay refers to the flesh man. The clay becomes a pot in the hand of the potter. Jeremiah 18:618:6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay isin the potter’s hand, so areyou in My hand, O house of Israel!
In the Old Testament, God appears as the Potter to the Israelites.
In the New Testament, God appears as the Potter to the spiritual Israelites or the church of God, that is the genuine Israelites and the Gentiles.
God longs for all men including the church of God that consists of the Israelites and the Gentiles, to be always within the hand of the Potter. Thus, they can be made as a pot that is useful for Him and the others. It equals to becoming the servant of God.
There are two possibilities about the clay as follows.
- The clay is outside the hand of the Potter, meaning it is in the hand of Satan.
The clay in the hand of Satan will be burnt by the fire from Satan, that is the fire of sin, the fire of the fleshly lust, and the fire of the world. Thus, the clay is burnt to become a brick, that is the servant of Satan.
2:1 And you He made alive,who were dead in trespasses and sins,
The sign is being dry and dead spiritually, meaning as follows.
- Being unfaithful and no longer willing to minister God.
- Being unsatisfied, always grumbling and gossiping wrong matters, looking for the other satisfactions from the world.
- Living in sin up to its peak, that is sin concerning eating-drinking (smoking, getting drunk, consuming drugs) and marrying-being given in marriage (sexuality sin with all its variety through sight, thought, deed,et cetera).
11:3 Then they said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks and bake themthoroughly.” They had brick for stone, and they had asphalt for mortar.
11:4 And they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top isin the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.”
11:9 Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.
The bricks are used to build Babel. One who is as a brick will have an untidy life and marriage. His life is not useful up to eternal perdition.
- The clay is within the hand of God the Potter.
103:8 The Lord ismerciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
103:9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His angerforever.
103:10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
103:11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
Sogreat is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
103:12 As far as the east is from the west,
Sofar has He removed our transgressions from us.
103:13 As a father pities hischildren,
Sothe Lord pities those who fear Him.
103:14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we aredust.
If the clay is within the hand of God, He will always remember that we are dust, that is a flesh man who does many faults and sins. Thus, he will not judge us, but forgive us by bearing all sins and the curse of sins on the cross.
If God remembers us, we must also always remember and realize that no matter how great we are, we are only as the clay and have many flaws, so we must be always within the hand of God.
The daily practices of confessing as the clay are as follows.
Thus, the clay is within the great and everlasting merciful hands of God.
- Feeling unworthy with many flaws, so we are encouraged to always reconcile.
Reconciling means coming to the cross of God to solve our sins. The ways are as follows.
- Confessing our sins to God and the others honestly. It is started with the unclean sin and bitterness, as well as the evil sin and self-truth.
4:9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.
Jews have no dealings with Samaritans indicates a bitterness or stopping talking to someone.
Evil sin refers to useless words, lie, and gossip about wrong matter. It also refers to the lust of money, that causes one becomes stingy (being unable to give) and greedy (seizing the right of the others and God, that is the tithe and special offering).
Self-truth is covering sin by blaming the others and even God.
If we are forgiven after confessing our sin, we must not repeat it again.
- Forgiving the sin of the others who have confessed it honestly, and forgetting it.
- Feeling powerless, so we are encouraged to fully surrender our life to God.
1 Peter 5:7
5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
We can surrender all our worries up to our whole life to Him. We can be right and well shepherded. It means as follows.
- Always being within the shepherding pen.
In the Tabernacle, it refers to the Holy Place. There are three types of equipment within in that refer to perseverance in three main services as follows.
In the shepherding, our body, soul, and spirit have fellowship with God the Trinity, so we are burnt by the fire of Holy Spirit, the Word of God, and His love and become the living stone, that is the servant of God or the priest and king.
- Golden Candlestick refers to perseverance in General Service. We have fellowship with Holy Spirit God in His anointing and gifts. It equals to being burnt by the fire of Holy Spirit.
- Table of Showbread refers to perseverance in Bible Study Service with Holy Communion. We have fellowship with the Son of God in the true teaching Word and the sacrifice of Christ. It equals to being burnt by the fire of the Word of God.
- Golden Altar of Incense refers to perseverance in Prayer Service. We have fellowship with Father God in His love. It equals to being burnt by the fire of God’s love.
- Being obedient to the voice of the Shepherd or the shepherding Word, until the flesh does not sound anymore.
The results are as follows.
- The kind and merciful hands of God form us as His vessel of glory.
9:21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
9:22 Whatif God, wanting to show Hiswrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
9:23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
9:24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
It means we are used in the ministry of building the perfect body of Christ.
1 Peter 2:5
2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
One who serves and glorifies God equals to the living stone, meaning we live from His great and everlasting mercy and kindness. We can live everywhere, under every situation, up to eternal life.
- The kind and merciful hands of God are able to make everything beautiful.
18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.
It means as follows.
- The marred vessel can be recreated as the new one for the glory of the name of God.
- The merciful hands of God are able to give beautiful and successful future in His time.
- The kind and merciful hands of God are able to recreate us according to the image and likeness of God the Trinity.
1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; …
We become perfect as Him and are worthy to welcome His second coming on the glorious clouds, to sit together with Him on the throne of judgment.
God blesses us.