Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. Revelation 1:161:16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance waslike the sun shining in its strength.
Jesus appears in the glory as the Heavenly Bridegroom, so we can become His bride and not be separated anymore with Him forever.
The signs of the appearance of Jesus as the Heavenly Bridegroom are as follows.
- He had in His right hand seven stars.
- Out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword.
- His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.
We still discuss the second sign. Matthew 4:44:4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”
Out of the mouth of God goes the Word, that is the spiritual food.
There are two types of the preaching of the Word of God as follows.
- The gospel of salvation/ the gospel Word/ Good News/ milk.
1:13 In Him you also trusted,after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
It is the Word that preaches Jesus’ first coming to die on the cross and save sinful lives.
- The gospel of the glory of Christ/ the teaching Word that is sharper than any two-edged sword/ Bride Tidings/ solid food.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4
4:3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4:4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
It is the gospel that preaches Jesus second coming in glory as King of kings and Heavenly bridegroom to sanctify us up to perfection and become His bride.
Because there are two types of spiritual food, there are two types of spiritual growth as follows.
- Quantitative growth.
It is the result of the work of the gospel Word. The gospel Word calls sinful lives to believe Jesus and be saved. Thus, the amount of the member of the body of Christ increases.
1:1 Now these arethe names of the children of Israel who came to Egypt; each man and his household came with Jacob:
1:2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah;
1:3 Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin;
1:4 Dan, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
1:5 All those who were descendants of Jacob were seventy persons (for Joseph was in Egypt already).
1:6 And Joseph died, all his brothers, and all that generation.
1:7 But the children of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly, multiplied and grew exceedingly mighty; and the land was filled with them.
In Old Testament, it is started from Jacob. He has 12 sons and then his descendants are 70 persons. They increase abundantly.
In New Testament, it is started from Jesus alone. He calls 12 apostles, and then sends 70 disciples. Now, they increase abundantly.
The sign of salvation is believing Jesus, repenting and being baptized in water and Holy Spirit. Thus, we will receive new life, the Heavenly life, that is being as a newborn baby and living in righteousness. All aspects of our life must be right. The unrighteousness must be thrown away.
In Tabernacle, it refers to the Court of Tabernacle. Therefore, it must be increased.
- Qualitative growth.
It is the result of the work of the teaching Word that is sharper than any two-edged sword. The teaching Word chooses saved people to be sanctified and perfected. In Tabernacle, it refers to the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place.
Thus, a growing church is marked with the figures of 12 and 70. They are the numbers of sending. Luke 6:136:13 And when it was day, He called His disciples to Himself;and from them He chose twelve whom He also named apostles:
A church of God that grows spiritually is the church that is called, chosen, and given the ministry by Him. We will be appointed as the priest and kings who are sent and used by Him for the ministry of building the perfect body of Christ. Leviticus 21:1221:12 nor shall he go out of the sanctuary, nor profane the sanctuary of his God; for the consecration of the anointing oil of his God isupon him: I amthe Lord.
The place for the priests and kings equals to the place for the church of God to grow spiritually. It is in the Holy Place. There are three types of equipment within it that refer to perseverance in three main services as follows.
- Golden Candlestick refers to perseverance in General Service. We have fellowship with Holy Spirit God in His gifts. It is as giving drink to the sheep, so we receive Heavenly satisfaction and do not look for earthly satisfaction.
- Table of Showbread refers to perseverance in Bible Study Service with Holy Communion. We have fellowship with the Son of God in the Word and the sacrifice of Christ. It is as feeding the sheep with the true food from the Heaven, so we will not be hungry spiritually and physically. If we serve God without eating, the consequence is being lukewarm up to dead spiritually, falling and never rising again.
- Golden Altar of Incense refers to perseverance in Prayer Service. We have fellowship with Father God in His love. The sheep is breathing.
Why must the priests and kings be well and right shepherded?
- It is such that we can be consecrated, that is being sanctified and anointed by Holy Spirit. Thus, we become the apple of God’s eye.
21:12 nor shall he go out of the sanctuary, nor profane the sanctuary of his God; for the consecration of the anointing oil of his God isupon him: I amthe Lord.
It means as follows.
- We are cared and protected by God although we are powerless in the middle of this world as the wilderness. Until any grain of sands cannot disturb us.
- We will be given special gifts to be used in the ministry of the building of the body of Christ, that is to preach the teaching Word that is sharper than any two-edged sword or the Bride Tidings, to saved lives so they can enter perfection.
13:2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
13:5 And when they arrived in Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. They also had John as theirassistant.
We must serve with faithfulness and righteousness. John Mark serves in the ministry of building the body of Christ as an assistant. He serves with faithfulness and righteousness so he is used by God to write the gospel of Mark.
- Because the ambience of the sending is as sending out lambs among wolves.
10:1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go.
10:3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.
The sheep need the shepherd. Thus, the ambience of the sending is the ambience of shepherding. If the shepherd presents, all the needs of the sheep will be fulfilled. If we are well and right shepherded, all things will be solved and we will be used and sent by God.
If we are not well and right shepherded, the consequence is being pounced by the wolves. It means being deceived by false teaching and falling in sins up to the peak of sins. The consequence is being sent by Satan to disturb right and holy people.
2 Corinthians 12:7
12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
- It is such that we experience spiritual growth quantitatively and qualitatively, until we become the perfect body of Christ and the Heavenly bride who is ready to welcome His second coming.
If God sends us, surely He will give us supply, that is a staff. It equals to the cross.
6:6b Then He went about the villages in a circuit, teaching.
6:7 And He called the twelve to Himself,and began to send them out two bytwo, and gave them power over unclean spirits.
6:8 He commanded them to take nothing for the journey except a staff—no bag, no bread, no copper in theirmoney belts—
The cross refers to flesh suffering together with Jesus or flesh suffering without any sins.
The cross is a strength so we can keep following God until His second coming.
The cross is a backrest so we will never be disappointed or desperate.
1 Peter 2:19
2:19 For this iscommendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
The cross is the grace from God that is greater than anything in this world. The grace of God never ends and never fools us.
The usefulness of the staff or the cross or the grace of God is as follows.
- The grace of God protects and cares us in the middle of difficulties in this world with abundant blessing from Heaven, so we always give thanks to Him.
32:10 I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies and of all the truth which You have shown Your servant; for I crossed over this Jordan with my staff, and now I have become two companies.
32:11 Deliver me, I pray, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau; for I fear him, lest he come and attack me andthe mother with the children.
The grace of God also protects and cares us up to the days of antichrist that will reign over the world for three years and a half.
6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
The grace of God is able to protect us from the His judgment over this world up to protect us from the judgment of fire in the hell.
- The grace of God is able to divide the sea.
14:16 But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it. And the children of Israel shall go on dry groundthrough the midst of the sea.
14:21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go backby a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land,and the waters were divided.
It means as follows.
- His grace decides our death and life physically.
- His grace solves all our problems even the impossible ones.
- His grace gives beautiful future.
- The golden scepter lifts up Esther as the queen. It means the grace of God lifts us up as the Heavenly bride.
5:1 Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on herroyal robesand stood in the inner court of the king’s palace, across from the king’s house, while the king sat on his royal throne in the royal house, facing the entrance of the house.
5:2 So it was, when the king saw Queen Esther standing in the court, thatshe found favor in his sight, and the king held out to Esther the golden scepter that wasin his hand. Then Esther went near and touched the top of the scepter.
The golden scepter decides our death and life spiritually. If there is the grace of God, we will live and grow spiritually. We will be led to become the Heavenly bride who is ready to welcome His second coming.
22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ bewith you all. Amen.
The grace of God sanctifies and renews our life until we are perfect and become the Heavenly bride. Esther was egoistic and afraid of something in the world. But she is renewed to have the fear of God and be afraid of doing sins. She becomes strong and of good courage although she must die. Being strong and of good courage means being willing to sacrifice everything to hold fast the true teaching Word, to live in righteousness and be used by God up to the end line. Thus, the grace of God will exalt us to the glorious clouds.
God blesses us.