Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. Revelation 1:171:17And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
John the Apostle was exiled to Patmos Island to suffer in the flesh, not because of sinning but the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Thus, he could fall at His feet, meaning worshiping with a contrite heart and worshiping until the flesh does not sound anymore. He fully surrendered his life to God. As the result, God laid His right hand on him, and he experienced three things as follows.
- “Do not be afraid”, meaning the renewal of the feeling so there is no more fear, but only joy and benediction.
- “I am the First and the Last”, meaning receiving the love of God that increases from the first love to the perfect one.
- “I am He who was dead and lives”.
ad. 3. “I am He who was dead and lives”.Revelation 1:181:18 I amHe who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
It means we receive the victory power over the death, and we also obtain the key of the kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 16:1816:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Thus, we can enter the eternal kingdom of Heaven forever.
The key of the kingdom of Heaven is the cross (it has been explained before).
The key of the kingdom of Heaven is the call and election from God to appoint us as the priests and kings who serve Him. Revelation 1:191:19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.
John the Apostle received the key of the kingdom of Heaven, meaning he was used by God to write letters to seven congregations of the Gentiles so they can be sanctified up to perfection as Jesus.
Now, receiving the key of the kingdom of Heaven equals to being used by God in the ministry of building of the body of Christ. Matthew 7:217:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
The key of the kingdom of Heaven is doing the will of Father in Heaven, meaning being obedient to His will.
From where can we know the will of Father in Heaven? It is through the revelation of the Word of God, that is one verse explains the other verses in the Bible.
Thus, the key of the Kingdom of Heaven is being obedient to the true teaching Word written in the Bible. Matthew 7:22-237:22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 7:23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Being disobedient equals to practicing lawlessness.
No matter how great a priest or a servant of God is, he must be obedient to the Word of God.
No matter how great a priest is, if he disobeys the Word, God will not accept all his ministries. It is like he practices lawlessness. God will cast him out and he will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven. Revelation 1:201:20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
John the Apostle got the key of the kingdom of Heaven also means that he received the revelation of the Word of God about the seven stars and the seven golden lampstands.
The seven stars in God’s hand are the angels of the seven churches. An angel is a pastor who obeys the will of Father and the true teaching Word. A pastor is a star for the congregation if he shines in the midst of them and becomes an example for them. Hebrews 13:7-913:7 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of theirconduct. 13:8 Jesus Christ isthe same yesterday, today, and forever. 13:9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it isgood that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.
A pastor must become an example for the congregation especially in the matter of faith.
- A pastor must live in righteousness in all matters.
- A pastor must hold fast to one true teaching Word that has become life experience.
- A pastor must believe and put his hope on God when facing temptations and problems, even the impossible ones.
A pastor is the angel of the congregation if he does the things as follows.
- A pastor must feed the congregation with the wheat or the bread of angel or the shepherding Word.
78:23 Yet He had commanded the clouds above,
And opened the doors of heaven,
78:24 Had rained down manna on them to eat,
And given them of the bread of heaven.
78:25 Men ate angels’ food;
He sent them food to the full.
The shepherding Word is the true teaching Word or the solid food. It is entrusted by God to a pastor, to be preached to the congregation faithfully, continually, orderly, and repetitively. Thus, the shepherding Word becomes the food for the congregation so they can grow spiritually up to spiritual maturity as Jesus. It is started from righteousness, holiness, up to perfection.
The shepherding Word is also the voice of a trumpet in the midst of the congregation. It means as follows.
- The voice of a trumpet is a command so the congregation can understand what they must do.
- The voice of a trumpet is also a warning for the congregation in facing the attack of the enemy and Satan the trinity through sins, temptations, and false teaching.
- The voice of a trumpet sanctifies and renews us until we are perfect as Jesus on the last voice of the trumpet. We become the Heavenly bride who will be lifted up to the glorious clouds to meet Jesus the Heavenly bridegroom.
- A pastor does intercession prayer for the congregation, to watch out for the salvation of the congregation, so we will not be pounced by the wild beast.
13:17 Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.
A pastor in the world does intercession prayer to uphold our life.
Jesus as the Great Shepherd also stretches out His hands to draw our life.
A shepherded life will not fall. He will be firm in the salvation.
- A pastor gives attention to the congregation who is in need through visiting, calling by phone, rebuking, and advising.
2 Corinthians 11:1411:14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
Be careful since in the last days many Satan will transform himself into an angel of light. There will be many false pastors who do not feed the congregation, not become an example or a caretaker, not take care the congregation, not rebuke or advise them.
If a pastor becomes the angel and the star of the congregation, he will be in the hand of the Great Shepherd. The pastor will not be able to fall even will be glorified by God. Moreover, Jesus as the High Priest and Great Shepherd will always present in the midst of the congregation. The High Priest will pay attention to the congregation physically and spiritually. They will always receive the revelation of the Word, so they are sanctified and renewed up to perfection as Jesus. They will be presented as the seven golden lampstands. Revelation 1:201:20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
What must be sanctified? Colossians 3:5-93:5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: (1)fornication, (2)uncleanness, (3)passion, (4)evil desire, and (5)covetousness, which is (6)idolatry. 3:6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 3:7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.3:8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: (1)anger, (2)wrath, (3)malice, (4)blasphemy, (5)filthy language out of your mouth. 3:9 Do not (6)lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
The congregation must obey and eat the shepherding Word, so they experience sanctification from six sins outside (sinful deeds) and six sins inside the heart. We must experience inner and outer sanctification, or the sanctification from twelve sins that are ingrained in our life, until there is no more lie. We can be honest in the matter of the true teaching Word and in everything.
If we obey the true teaching Word, we will experience renewal from the flesh man to become the spiritual one as Jesus. We become a sweet-smelling aroma before God. Colossians 3:10-143:10 and have put on the new manwho is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, 3:11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave norfree, but Christ isall and in all.3:12 Therefore, as theelect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 3:13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.3:14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
What must be renewed?
- Tender mercy, meaning not judging sinful lives nor agreeing them, but bringing them to God.
- Kindness, meaning being able to give for the work of God and the others who are in need.
- Humility, meaning being able to confess our sins.
- Meekness, meaning being able to receive the true teaching Word that is sharper than any two-edged sword.
- Longsuffering, meaning being patient in suffering, not grumbling nor murmuring. It also means being patient in waiting God’s time, and not taking our own way that is outside the Word of God, where there are only deadlock and perdition.
- Bearing with and forgiving one another.
- Love that unites and perfects.
The practices of having love are as follows.
- Loving the others as loving ourselves, until we can love our enemies and pray for them.
- Loving God more than everything, being obedient until the flesh does not sound anymore.
Abraham was obedient until he was willing to offer Isaac his only son. It means his flesh has been burnt all over. He loved God more than everything. If there had been still the sound of the flesh, he would have rejected it.
Ephesians 5:1-25:1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
If we are willing to be sanctified and renewed, the flesh will be burnt to become a sweet- smelling aroma. The results are as follows.
- There are no more curses. It means we have the ambience of the Paradise.
8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
8:21 And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart isevil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.
8:22 “While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night
Shall not cease.”
It means as follows.
- There are no more wearies and heavy burdens. There are no more tears. We experience rest and peace, and everything becomes easy and light.
- There are no more labors, meaning we experience the rain of God’s mercy that is unlimited and unceasing. It is to care our life physically in the middle of difficulties and dryness in this world. Spiritually, we are also cared. There are Heavenly joy and satisfaction, so we will not fall into earthly satisfaction.
- There are no more judgments, but only eternal life.
- Being used in the revival of Holy Spirit in the last rain or in the building of the perfect body of Christ.
12:3 Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.
Mary sacrificed a very costly oil of spikenard in the price of 300 denarii (the salary of one year). It means we must sacrifice everything for the ministry of building the body of Christ, except the true teaching Word.
12:4 But one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son,who would betray Him, said,
12:5 “Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?”
Judas did too much calculation because he was a thief. At the end, he was not counted and replaced by Matthias. Judas became the victim of antichrist.
On the contrary, no matter how small our ministry is, if we are used in the ministry of building the body of Christ, God will count us. God pays attention to, takes care of, and always struggles for us. He understands our condition and counts us; even the very hairs of our head are all numbered.
10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
27:34 Therefore I urge you to take nourishment, for this is for your survival, since not a hair will fall from the head of any of you.”
God also cares a hair in the midst of a tempest, meaning as follows.
- God is able to care our powerless life in the middle of difficulties and impossibilities in this world.
- God is able to solve all our problems even the impossible ones.
- God is able to sanctify and renew us until we are perfect and become the Heavenly bride who is ready to welcome His second coming.
God blesses us.