Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 3:1-6 is about the church in Sardis.
Revelation 3:1-4 is the last purification for the church in Sardis. We must experience the ambience of the spiritual revival so we are always watchful. We must be watchful in two things
- Being watchful in consecration or ministry.
- Being watchful at Jesus second coming. If we miss it, everything that we reach in this world will become useless and perish forever. Being watchful about His second coming is connected to two things as follows:
- The time of His second coming is like a thief.
- Keeping the white garment to stay clean and flawless.
Revelation 3:43:4 You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy
In Sardis there are few people who are worthy to walk with Jesus in white garment. At the last age also there are only few people.
When we are claimed to be worthy to walk with Jesus in white garment?Acts 5:41-425:41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.
5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus asthe Christ.
It is when we are worthy to experience the cross or the suffering together with Jesus.
Philippians 3:18-193:18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they arethe enemies of the cross of Christ:
3:19 whose end isdestruction, whose god is theirbelly, and whoseglory isin their shame—who set their mind on earthly things
Let us watch. At the last days many servants of God refuse the cross and become the enemy of the cross of Christ. They are unworthy to suffer together with Jesus so they are also unworthy to walk with Him in white garment. The practices are as follows
- They are like leech.
30:15 The leech has two daughters—Give andGive!There are three things thatare never satisfied,four never say, “Enough!”:
The leech sticks to body to suck the blood. It means being active in ministry (the building of the Body of Christ) but looking for the physical blessing, they only divide the body of Christ through another teaching.
16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
- They are like an adulterous woman.
30:20 This isthe way of an adulterous woman:She eats and wipes her mouth,and says, “I have done no wickedness.”
One is active in ministry but no yearning to live in righteousness and holiness. One keeps the sin up to the peak of sins. One keeps the false teaching in order to get the physical things.
1 Corinthians 15:19
15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.
The result is one becomes the most pitiable of all men because he does not experience the power of resurrection, he is still carnal man who will perish.
1 Peter 2:19-202:19 For this iscommendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
2:20 For what credit is itif, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this iscommendable before God
Let us take the less, namely we willingly suffer together with Jesus so we will experience the mercy of God.
Genesis 6:7-96:7 So the Lordsaid, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”
6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
6:9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God
.The practice of suffering with Jesus is as follows
- Living in righteousness and becoming the instrument of righteousness or the servant of God who is faithful and upright.
- Good conscience.
We do not expect something but we work only for God. We say honestly, saying yes if yes, no if no.
- We walk with God.
It means that we are shepherded well or persevere in three kinds of main service, as follows:
In shepherding, our body, soul, and spirit are walking with God Trinity like Noah enters the ark.
- The Golden Candlestickrefers to persevering in general service, the fellowship with Holy Spirit God in His gifts.
- The Table of Showbreadrefers to persevering in bible study service and Holy Communion, the fellowship with Son of God in the true teaching Word and sacrifice of Christ.
- The Golden Altar of Incenserefers to persevering in worship prayer service, the fellowship with Father God in love.
We live in the grace of God. The results are as follows:
- The grace of God is able to care our lifephysically and spiritually in the midst of difficulties and impossibilities in the world.
- The grace of God is able to protect usfrom disaster, temptation, sins up to the peak of sins, the God’s punishment for the world until the hell. Our family is saved by God.
- The grace of God is able to help usin due time.
4:14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast ourconfession.
4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all pointstempted as we are, yetwithout sin.
4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
The grace of God is able to solve all problems even the impossible ones. It gives the successful and beautiful future in due time.
- The grace of God prepares usto greet Jesus’ second coming.
22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ bewith you all. Amen.
We have a lot of flaws but as long as we live in the grace of God, there is opportunity for us to be purified and changed until perfect like Jesus when He comes a second time.
God blesses us.