Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.Revelation 2:12-17 is about the last purification to the church of Pergamos so they are free from the false teaching that is the teaching of Balaam and Nicolaitans
. Revelation 2:17
2:17 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”’
The promises of God for the church in Pergamos who overcomes and willingly experiences the last purification from God are as follows:
- The hidden Manna.
- A white stone on which a new name is written.
The hidden Manna is the bread from heaven or the Word of God whose secret is opened, a verse explains another verse in Bible.
The hidden Manna also means the angel’s food or the true teaching Word that is trusted by God to a shepherd to convey It for congregations faithfully, regularly, continuously, and repetitively. So It becomes the spiritual food for congregation. They will experience the spiritual growth that leads to spiritual maturity.
There are three functions of Manna in Exodus 16:16-36 as follows:
We are learning about Manna for being kept in golden pot
- Manna for daily need [Exodus 16:16-21].
- Manna for Sabbath [Exodus 16:22-31].
- Manna for being kept in golden pot [Exodus 16:32-36].
. It is written in Exodus 16:32-36, and in New Testament. Hebrews 9:4
9:4 which had the golden censer and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which werethe golden pot that had the manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
In New Testament, the golden pot that had the Manna means as follow:
- The permanent faith or the perfect one. It starts from the true faith (the Gate), the stable one (the Table of Showbread), and until the perfect one (the golden pot that had the Manna).
- The life renewal from the flesh man (the mortar pot) to become the spiritual one like Jesus (the golden pot), the physical body becomes spiritual one.
2 Corinthians 4:7-10
4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.
4:8 We arehard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we areperplexed, but not in despair;
4:9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—
4:10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
The processes of the mortar pot to become the golden pot are as follow:
- The process of death and resurrection.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-16
4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive andremain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
One who dies in Jesus (the renewal of life) will gather with Jesus. If Jesus comes a second time, they will rise in the glorious body like Jesus.
- The process of changing.
1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
4:17 Then we who are alive andremain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
4:18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
One who lives in life renewal until Jesus comes a second time will be changed in glorious body like Him.
The people who die and live will become one in one glorious and perfect body of Christ or the Bride of Heaven that will be lifted up on glorious clouds to greet Jesus’ second coming as the Bridegroom of Heaven. So we get the eternal life forever.
Whether we die or live until Jesus comes a second time is not important. It is God’s plan, we cannot force Him. The important thing is as long as we live in this world, we must experience the life renewal through listening to the loud voice of trumpet namely the shepherding Word
What must be changed? 1 Peter 3:3-4
3:3 Do not let your adornment be merelyoutward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fineapparel—
3:4 rather let it bethe hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beautyof a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God
The character or attitude must be changed, so we have one of the bride
, as follows:
If we already have the bride’s character, it is like stretching out two hands to God or surrendering fully to Him. God also will stretch out His hands towards us
- Gentleness is as follows:
- The ability to receive the true teaching Word or the one that is sharper than any two-edged sword. The true teaching Word that is hard and sharp changes our life.
- The ability to receive other’s superiority (so we can learn from it) and weakness (so we can pray for them).
- The ability to say and do gently.
- The ability to confess and forgive each other. The sin and all problems are finished by the blood of Jesus.
- Quietness or rest. It is keeping in silence. It means as follows:
- Correcting ourselves through the sharpness of the word of God.
- No comments even the negative one.
- No gossip but praying a lot.
- Being submissive.
1 Peter 3:5-6
3:5 For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands,
3:6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror.
Being submissive is obedience until the flesh does not sound anymore like Jesus obeys the Word to the point of death, even the death on the cross.
. The results are as follows:
- The door of womb of Sara is opened so Isaac can be born. It means the miracle happens as follows:
- The loving hands of God are able to erase all the impossibilities.
- The loving hands of God are able to give the beautiful and successful future.
- The loving hands of God are able to give the joy of heaven.
- The loving hands of God are able to give life. It means He cares our physical life miraculously. He also gives spiritual life that is being born again or life renewal so we appear like a newborn baby. The mouth of a newborn baby is used for crying only, it is praise and worship to God.
- The door of Heaven is opened.
19:6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!
19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.”
When Jesus comes a second time, our mouth does not stumble in word. Crying changes to become saying “Alleluia” and we will sit on the throne of Heaven with Him forever.
God blesses us.