Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.Luke 3:23-38
is about "Genealogy of Jesus
From this genealogy, we know the age and ancestor of Jesus.
In verse 21-22, Jesus is the Son of God, but He is also the son of man. The proof that Jesus is the son of man
is He has apparent genealogy (verse 23-38), which means Jesus has apparent identity.
So, we must have apparent identity too
, such as birth certificate, student card, identity card, and driving license.Jesus works with apparent identity too
. For now, it means we live in light, because He is the light of the world.John 8:12
8:12. Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
Written genealogy of Jesus means Jesus brings light to us who are living in the darkness
, so we live in light too and are free from devil as the king of darkness.
The example is Jesus lights a person who is blind from birth [John 9: 1-41
].Spiritual meanings of being blind from birth are as follows
- Unchanging and not reborn life, that they keep on living in the darkness of sin, to fall and rise in sin and live blindly.
The practices are as follows:
- Being same as dog and sow, sinful deeds and words until the peak of sins, those are sins concerning eating-drinking(smoking, drinking, drugs abuse) and sins of marrying-giving in marriage(sins of harlotry, sexual sins with all its kinds).
- Begging, which is same as being burden for others. Especially young men become burden for parents.
- Sitting at roadside, which means being wild and unshepherded.
- Life who cannot ministry and worship God, being dry spiritually and not satisfied.
The consequence is tending to seek other satisfactions in the world.
- Impossible thing.
The ways of God to help are as follows
- God spits on the ground and makes clay with the saliva.
9:6. When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay
The groundrefers to sinners.
The salivarefers to something that comes out from Jesus' mouth, that is the Word Jesus speaks to show our sin and detestation.
15:3. "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
Hearing true teaching Word is same as being spat, which means pain for flesh.
When the word points our sins, it makes pain for flesh as if we are spat. But, actually, God is lighting us who live in the darkness of sin with the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.
Handrefers to Holy Spirit.
God makes clay with the saliva, that is revolting sins.
Then, thehand of God anoints the clay to blind eye(not on ear or mouth, et cetera). It means, the true teaching word in the anointing of the Holy Spirit shows revolting sins right on the target, that the word shows us our condition.
If we hear the teaching word in the annointing of the Holy Spirit, we will always become the target of the word and the word always shows us our condition.
When the word shows our sins, we have to confess. If we are forgiven, do not sin anymore. It is same as completing sin and problems.
- God gives an order that looks like impossible.
9:7. And He said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.
The order of God is the test of obedience. If we obey, there is miracle. If we do not obey, it will add more problems.
The miracle happens when the blind eye can see. It meanswe can see ourselves in the weakness, and we know Jesus. And we will be trusted in the ministry of the building of the body of Christ(Siloam is translated 'Sent'). God only sees our obedience.
- Experiencing the sprinkling of the bloodorsuffering with Jesus.
9:30. The man answered and said to them, "Why, this is a marvelous thing, that you do not know where He is from; yet He has opened my eyes!
9:31. "Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.
9:32. "Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind.
9:33. "If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing."
9:34. They answered and said to him, "You were completely born in sins, and are you teaching us?" And they cast him out.
9:35. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?"
9:36. He answered and said, "Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?"
9:37. And Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you."
9:38. Then he said, "Lord, I believe!" And he worshiped Him.
When we suffer, we are seeing and speaking with Jesus. The results are as follows:
- when we see the face of God, He will help us just in time.
6:25. The LORD make His face shineupon you, And be gracious to you.
- [Ecclessiates 3: 11]= God makes everything beautiful just in His time.
- [1 Peter 5: 6]= God lifts us up just in His time, makes success, until lifts us up to the glorious clouds.
God blesses us.