Luke 1:5-25 is about the birth tidings of John the Baptist
.Luke 1:13-171:13 But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.
1:14 "And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth.
1:15 "For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.
1:16 "And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God.
1:17 "He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, `to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,' and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
John the Baptist has borne witness to the truth like the 7 burning and shining lamps as follows:
ad. 3. He was great in the sight of Lord
- Luke 1:13, He got his name from God
- Luke 1:14, He brought joy and gladness from Heaven
- Luke 1:15a, He was great in the sight of Lord
- Luke 1:15b, He became a Nazirite of God
- Luke 1:15c, He lived in the anointing of Holy Spirit
- Luke 1:16, He made people repent
- Luke 1:17, He became a pioneer/precursor.
Matthew 11:1111:11 "Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
The task of John the Baptist was to baptize people with water. He was the greatest man that has ever been borne by a woman. So the water baptism is a great thing. It is not only as a requirement from the church but also as a live-dead thing spiritually.
The smallest person in the Heavenly Kingdom was Jesus. But Jesus was greater than John the Baptist. Matthew 3:13-153:13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.
3:14 And John [tried to] prevent Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?"
3:15 But Jesus answered and said to him, "Permit [it to be so] now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he allowed Him.
John the Baptist refused to baptize Jesus with water because he knew that Jesus was greater than him. But Jesus wanted to be baptized by John because He wanted to do God’s will. It means that Jesus was humbled Himselfin the water baptism, He surrendered his pride/dignity in water baptism.
Jesus humbled Himself up to the peak condition when He was upon the cross.
Philippians 2:82:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to [the point of] death, even the death of the cross.
Jesus was obedient until He died upon the cross = Jesus wasgiving up all his desires up to sacrificing Himself fully to be obedient until the death upon the cross.
Jesus as the Head has had the water baptism, so we as the body of Christ must also experience the water baptism.Romans 6:46:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
The true baptism is people who repent must be immersed (be buried) with Jesus into the water and live in the new life.
John the Baptist represented the law, while Jesus represented the kindness/grace.
So, the water baptism is a great separation between John the Baptist and Jesus = a separation between the law and kindness/grace.
After having the water baptism, we live in His kindness.
In water baptism, we are born from carnal men (having huge desires, also big lusts) to the spiritual ones, become the newborn baby (from big to small, being humbled like Jesus). The practices of the newborn baby are as follow
- Living in righteousness = Being saved, not being punished, not being perished.
I Peter 2:1-2
2:1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2:2 as newborn babies, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,,
Living in righteousness means:
If we who originally are a giant become a baby, it is all because of His kindness.
- There is no malice
- There is no deceit
- There is no hypocrisy
- There is no envy
- There is no evil speaking.
- Desiring the pure milk of the word.
Meaning they only want to enjoy the True Teaching Word in the ointment of the Holy Spirit =being shepherded well.
And the results are as follow:
Do not let us hear strange voice such as gossips whose the truth cannot be accounted. These things make us unquiet and unsatisfied, neglected and not preserved, until losing the salvation.
- Being satisfied/ full = being cared physically and spiritually (as long as we can enjoy Shepherding Word, be obedient to the Word, and the Mother’s hands will take care of us).
- Being calm = living in peace, no more worries, and surrendering to God.
- Being steady in salvation up to perfection, we will not fall and get lost.
- Mouth that crying.
21:15 But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" they were indignant,
21:16 and said to Him, "Do You hear what these are saying?" And Jesus said to them, "Yes. Have you never read, `Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise'?"
Mouth of baby is as follows:
And the result is miracles happen as follows:
- Being honest, that is saying “True” if it is “True” and saying “False” if it is “False”, other than that is Satan. Also being honest in confessing sins/ failures.
- Bearing witness about Jesus, sharing a blessing to the others.
- Worshiping God; coming to God and asking for His mercy.
Until the last miracle at the time of Jesus’ second coming, we are renewed to be glorious as God, being the smallest and being able to be lifted on the glorious cloud at the time of Jesus’ second coming.
- Spiritual miracle: there is a life change, no more irritation (being angry without reasons, having explosive emotion).
- Physical miracle: impossible things become possible.
God blesses us.