In the Bible, there are 4 gospels that tell us about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Why are there only 4 gospels? Because the 4 gospels refer to the 4 ends of Jesus' cross and the cross also refers to the life of Jesus. The 4 gospels are divided into 2 parts as follows
The 4 gospels show 4 characters of Jesus' persona as follow
- The gospel of Matthew, Mark, and Luke are the gospels that tell as a story (synoptic).
- The gospel of John is the gospel in a teaching form
John 1:1, 14
1:1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
The gospel of John tells us that Jesus was the Word; the Teaching Word became flesh (It was born as human).
- The gospel of Matthew shows the persona of Jesus as a King.
The character of a King is to win over sins, over obstructions.
- The gospel of Mark shows the persona of Jesus as a Servant.
The character of a Servant is to serve obediently, not careless servant.
Being disobedient = to ruin.
- The gospel of Luke shows the persona of Jesus as a Human.
The character of a human is being willing to suffer to help others.
- The gospel of John shows the persona of Jesus as the Son of God.
The character of the Son of God is being right, holy, and perfect.
Jesus is the Son of God, but He is also a human that is willing to suffer. Similarly with us in following Jesus, there is a time to us to suffer. It is the vertical line.
Jesus is a King, but He is also a Servant. It is the horizontal line.
So the 4 gospels are the journey in cross of Jesus Christ = the journey of the perfect faith of Jesus Christ.
The 4 gospels do not need to be added of reduced.If we follow the journey of faith/ the journey in cross of Jesus, we will reach the perfection/ eternal life
.1 Peter 2:21-252:21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
2:22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth";
2:23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed [Himself] to Him who judges righteously;
2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousnessby whose stripes you were healed.
2:25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.The practices of following the journey in cross are as follows
- The experience of death = being dead to sin, to repent.
People, who repent will not sin, will not lie, and will not repay, but even repay evil with good.
- The experience of resurrection = living for righteousness.
Every aspect of our lives must be right.
After living in righteousness, we must be shepherded = entering the sheepfold.
The sheepfold refers to the Holy Place in Tabernacle in wihich there are three kinds of equipment which refer to the perseverance in doing three main services as follows:
- Golden Candlestick -->the perseverance in doing General Service, including Youth Service.
- Table of Showbread -->the perseverance in doing Bible Study Service and Holy Communion.
- Golden Altar of Incense -->the perseverance in doing Prayer Service.
Why must we be shepherded/ enter the sheepfold?
- In order not to be deceived by the false teaching, and not to fall and rise in sins, so we are able to keep our lives in righteousness.
The result of living in righteousness is having the power of Jesus' stripes to heal us physically and spiritually. Also the power of God's preservation to our body, soul and spirit.
- To improve living in righteousness, so we become slaves of righteousness (to serve God in righteousness, to serve faithfully) and the true worshipers.
6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.
4:23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
4:24 "God [is] Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
The true worship is encouraged by the true teaching Word in the ointment of Holy Spirit, the Word that is sharper than two-edged sword; to purify our heart, mind, words, and deeds, all of our lives. If the holiness is increased, we will climb the mount, meaning the worship is also increased.
17:1. Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves;
17:2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
17:3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
"For many are called, but few are chosen." Meaning only few lives that will be the slave of righteousness, only few lives that will be the true worshipers. At this verse, there are only a quarter part of the apostles who worship God.
We must worship God in holiness frequently.
The results of worshiping God in holiness are as follows:
- Having the power to open the door of heavento pour out the rain that is able to preserve us in the midst of difficult world, up to the preservation in antichrist period.
5:17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months.
5:18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.
- Having the power to wipe out all impossible things.
Numbers 20:7-8, 11-12
20:7 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, say":
20:8 "Take the rod; you and your brother Aaron gather the congregation together. Speak to the rock before their eyes, and it will yield its water; thus you shall bring water for them out of the rock, and give drink to the congregation and their animals."
20:11 Then Moses lifted his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came out abundantly, and the congregation and their animals drank.ing.
20:12 Then the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not believe Me, to hallow Me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them."
At first, Moses was not allowed to go to Canaan because of being disobedient. But through worship prayer, Moses could reach Canaan.
- Having the power of renewal, from physical human to spiritual human.
It begins with the renewal of face, meaning the renewal of heart. If the heart is renewed, the face must be bright. Until at the time of Jesus' second coming, we are renewed to be as glorious as God.
God blesses us.