Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 3:14-22 is about the church of the Laodiceans or the one in the last days. Revelation 3:16-173:16 "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
3:17 "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing' --and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
They are lukewarm. It means that they physically are rich, but spiritually, they are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked. They are satisfied only by physical things, but without being filled with the spiritual ones. They are the same as the chaff
Consequently, they are vomited and burnt like the chaff to get the everlasting perdition.The meanings of the chaff are as follows
The development of the sins of Babylon is as follows
- The servants of God who are like the sea waters driven to and fro by the wind of temptation and false teachings.
17:12 Woe to the multitude of many peopleWho make a noise like the roar of the seas, And to the rushing of nations That make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
17:13 The nations will rush like the rushing of many waters; But God will rebuke them and they will flee far away, And be chased like the chaff of the mountains before the wind, Like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.
They are doubtful toward God or the true teaching Word and choose the other teachings. They are also doubtful toward the power of God, so they hope in others although it is not in line with the true teaching Word. Consequently, the sink or perish forever.
- Being like the many waters whom the woman of Babylon sits.
17:1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, "Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,
17:5 And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTSAND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
17:15 Then he said to me, "The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.
It means being ruled over by the evil and unclean spirits to enter the building of Babylon's body or the bride of Satan that will be destroyed.
John 2:6-72:6 Now there were set there six waterpotsof stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece.
- The building of the tower of Babylon.
11:1 Now the whole earth had one language and one speech.
11:2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar, and they dwelt there.
11:3 Then they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They had brick for stone, and they had asphalt for mortar.
11:4 And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth."
11:9 Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the LORD confused the language of all the earth; and from there the LORD scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.
It was build of bricks, namely the mortar that was burnt by fire. It is the fleshly human who is burnt by the fire of fleshly lusts, sin, and the world, so he is used by Satan to build Babylon.
The facts found in building the tower of Babylon are as follows.
1 Peter 2:5
- Making a name for them in the world, so there is no connection with the name of the Lord. It means that they look for popularity, riches, intelligence, position, and so on until losing the salvation.
- Building the supplies city.
1:11 Therefore they set taskmasters over them to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh supply cities, Pithom and Raamses.
1:12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were in dread of the children of Israel.
1:13 So the Egyptians made the children of Israel serve with rigor.
1:14 And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage -- in mortar, in brick, and in all manner of service in the field. All their service in which they made them serve was with rigor.
It means that their whole life is only for looking for physical or worldly things. Such people are in the chaos in the present life, marriage, and future life. They are scattered and destroyed forever.
2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Therefore, we must be the living stones or the mortar that is burnt by the fire of the Word, Holy Spirit, and God's loveto become the priests and kings whom God uses for building the body of Christ. We minister to God according to the ministry He has entrusted to us faithfully and correctly. It begins from the marriage or household, shepherding, inter-shepherding, up to the perfect body of Christ.
2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
2:21 in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
As a result, our life is arranged well, neatly, and beautifully by God. We are preserved by the mercy of God until we get the eternal life.
- The kingdom of Babylon that refers to the arrogance.
The facts found in it are as follows.
- One relies on his own power, so he does neither hope in God nor the true teaching Word.
4:29At the end of the twelve months he was walking about the royal palace of Babylon.
4:30 The king spoke, saying, "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty?"
4:31 While the word was still in the king's mouth, a voice fell from heaven: "King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is spoken: the kingdom has departed from you!
4:32 And they shall drive you from men, and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field. They shall make you eat grass like oxen; and seven times shall pass over you, until you know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses."
4:33 That very hour the word was fulfilled concerning Nebuchadnezzar; he was driven from men and ate grass like oxen; his body was wet with the dew of heaven till his hair had grown like eagles' feathers and his nails like birds' claws.
Consequently, he loses the mind to be like a beast. It means that one cannot distinguish between the true and the false.
Let us humble ourselves and rely on the power of God or the true teaching Word and He will restore us.
- Despising the vessels of the house of the Lord.
5:22 "But you his son, Belshazzar, have not humbled your heart, although you knew all this.
5:23 "And you have lifted yourself up against the Lord of heaven. They have brought the vessels of His house before you, and you and your lords, your wives and your concubines, have drunk wine from them. And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, bronze and iron, wood and stone, which do not see or hear or know; and the God who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways, you have not glorified.
5:30 That very night Belshazzar, king of the Chaldeans, was slain.
It means as follows.
- Serving and ministering to God carelessly without holiness.
52:11 Depart! Depart! Go out from there, Touch no unclean thing; Go out from the midst of her, Be clean, You who bear the vessels of the LORD.
Consequently, there will be the spiritual dryness and death.
- Leaving the service and ministry to God because of keeping sin. The sin must be thrown away, so that we can keep on serving and ministering to God in holiness.
- Corrupting the equipment in the church physically or one does not maintain the belongings of God.
- The city of Babylon.
18:2 And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!
It is the same as the evil and unclean spirits that rule over the Gentiles and return them to the days of Noah and Lot.
17:28 "Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
17:29 "but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
17:30 "Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
The facts found in it are as follows.
Consequently, he enters the sea of fire and brimstone to perish forever.
- Entering the sins concerning eating-drinkingsuch as smoking, getting drunk, and drugs abuse, as well as the ones concerning marrying-being given in marriagesuch as sexuality sin with all of its kinds, sexual deviation, and wrong marriage.
- The spirit of selling and buying or the one of the antichrist that causes stinginess and greediness. The stinginess means that one cannot give for the work of God and other people who are in need. The greediness means that one serves to God only to look for physical things; even he robs the possession of others and God, namely the tithes and offerings. Consequently, he becomes the den of thieves and gets the spiritual dryness.
- Planting and building. It means that one actively does the things in the world until he cannot actively serve and minister to God, so he cannot enter the building of the body of Christ.
2:7 Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." And they filled them up to the brim.
The solution that the many waters or the Gentiles are not ruled over by the woman of Babylon is they must enter the six waterpots
. It means as follows.
- Every fleshly human or the Gentile must be shepherded, so he is not wild. He will not freely fulfill the lust of the flesh.
- Only a few may get the mercy and election of God to enter the shepherding.
The requirements of being shepherded are as follows
John 10:27-2810:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
- Dwelling in the shepherding pen or the Holy Place, namely persevering in doing three main services to God as follows.
Our body, soul, and spirit are attaching to the Trinity of God, so Babylon cannot rule over us.
- Golden Candlestick or perseverance in doing General Service to have the fellowship with Holy Spirit God in the gifts.
- Table of Showbread or perseverance in doing Bible Study Service with Holy Communion to get the fellowship with the Son of God in the Word and the sacrifice of Christ.
- Golden Altar of Incense or perseverance in doing Worship Prayer Serviceto get the fellowship with Father God in the love.
- Enjoying consuming the Shepherding Word, namely hearing and obeying it.
10:28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.We live in the hands of the Good Shepherd and get these results
- The guarantee of assurance for preserving our life now, in the future, up to the eternal life.
- The guarantee of God's protection. The shepherding is the place of refuge from the Babylon.
- The miracle or water can turn into wine.
The shepherding is a place where we can experience the miracles from God. There is a life renewalfrom fleshly man to spiritual one like Jesus is.
2:3 And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine."
The anxious heart is changed into the believing one and we can entrust our life fully to God.
2:4 Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come."
The heart that is not patient can be changed into the one that is patient in the suffering and waiting for God's time. Do not look for your own solution that is not in line with the Word, or else you find perdition. God has not helped us yet because He is still busy with our own life to sanctify us. As a result, he helps us in time of need and we get the life renewal.
2:8 And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast." And they took it.
The heart is changed into the obedient one, regardless of any risk we have to take.
2:9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom.
The tongue or saying is changed into the sweet, true, and good one. Our saying can be the blessings for others. We can speak honestly or dare to confess the true and the false as well as our sins.
59:1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.
59:2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.
59:3 For your hands are defiled with blood, And your fingers with iniquity; Your lips have spoken lies, Your tongue has muttered perversity.
The sin makes one separated from God until his life is bitter without the sweet wine. There is no relationship with God and the life becomes dry spiritually. The prayer is not answered by God.
If we dare to confess our sin and do not repeat it after being forgiven, we can see the Lord and cry out His name to worship Him. We can feel His activity as the High Priest or Great Shepherd.
- The eyes of God pay attention to us in our sufferings.
3:7 And the LORD said: "I have surely seenthe oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows.
He cares for and looks at us with His merciful sight.
- He hears our groanings.
He can feel our sufferings and struggle with us.
- He stretches out His hands to help us. The impossibilities can be made possible.
3:8 "So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites.
7:17 "for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
The hand of the Great Shepherd leads us to the last shepherding pen, namely New Jerusalem. God renews our life and wipes away our tears. We become as glorious as Jesus is when He comes a second time. We can enter New Jerusalem where there is no more tear.
God blesses you.