Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We are in Revelation 2-3 (it has been explained from General Service in Surabaya, July 27, 2014)
about the last sanctification to the seven churches that they can be perfect. The church has many excellences, but cannot welcome Jesus' second coming if there is a blemish. Therefore, we need the last sanctification.
We are learning Revelation 3: 14-22 about the church of the LAODICEANS
. This is the last or the seventh church in the book of Revelation that shows the condition of the church in the last days or all of us (it has been explained from General Service in Surabaya, June 14, 2015)
.Revelation 3: 21-22
3:21. "To him who overcomesI will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
3:22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." THE PROMISE OF GOD
to the church of the Laodiceans or all of us who overcome is sitting with Him on the throne of the heavenly kingdomor New Jerusalem forever or we become His Bride
. This is our main and last purpose in following and ministering to Jesus.
The church of the Laodiceans is in lukewarmness, so they are vomited by God. The people who are like vomit, namely unclean, useless, disgusting, and destroyed, can be exalted to be the bride of God who sits with Jesus on the throne of New Jerusalem.
There are SEVEN STEPS
of the Gentiles' sitting with Jesus on the heavenly throne to be His bride written in Revelation 2-3 as follows.
- Returning to the first love or the love of God through the sacrifice of Christ.
Revelation 2: 1-7 (the church of Ephesus)
2:4. "Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
John 19: 33-34
19:33. But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs.
19:34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.
The fifth wound of Jesus on the cross saves the Gentiles.
Returning to the first love means that the Gentiles receive the sign of the blood and water coming out of Jesus' side.
The sign of blood refers to the Altar of Burnt Offerings or the sacrifice of Christ. Jesus is the Lamb who is slaughtered on the cross. The Gentiles must believe in Jesus and repent or stop sinning to return to God.
We must die to six ingrained sins that cause one not to be saved and perfected.
1 Corinthians 5: 11
5:11. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral(1), or covetous(2), or an idolater(3), or a reviler(4), or a drunkard(5), or an extortioner(6)--not even to eat with such a person.
'not even to eat with such a person'= there is no fellowship in one body.
The ingrained sins bind the body, soul, and spirit as follows.
The sign of waterrefers to the Brazen Laver or the water baptism.
- sexually immoral= the sins concerning marrying-being given in marriage.
- covetous= one cannot give.
- idolater= including greediness.
- drunkard= the sins concerning eating-drinking.
- extortioner= liar.
Romans 6: 4
6:4. Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
The true water baptism happens when one who has already dead to sin or repented is buried in water with Jesus.
There are two mistakes about it as follows.
The resultof the true water baptism is raising or coming up out of water with Jesus to get the new life. The heavens are opened. There is the heavenly life or the LIFE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS.
- One who has not died or repented yet is forced to be buried. Consequently, he becomes rebellious.
- One who has already died or repented is not baptized or buried. Consequently, he is rotten.
One will return to the life like dog and swine or the sins if he is not baptized.
If we live in righteousness, we will live by faith or the true teaching Word and we become the sons of Abraham.
Galatians 3: 7
3:7. Therefore know that only those who are of faithare sons of Abraham.
Matthew 3: 9
3:9. "and do not think to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
We are set free from the curse and punishment of sin; even we get the blessings ofAbrahamphysically and spiritually up to our descendants. We become blessings for others and we get the eternal life.
Galatians 3: 13-14
3:13. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"),
3:14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentilesin Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
This is the promise of God to the church of Ephesus, namely eating to from tree of life in Paradise (Revelation 2: 7).
- Being faithful until death.
Revelation 2: 8-11 (the church in Smyrna)
2:10. "Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
We faithfully suffer with Jesus such as serving and ministering to Him, fasting, and so on, until the end, namely we pass away or Jesus comes a second time.
Why does God let us suffer with Him or take up the cross with Him?
2 Corinthians 4: 16-17
4:16. Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
There is glory behind the cross.The glory means the life renewal from fleshly man to spiritual one, namely being strong and of good courage or enduring.
James 1: 12
1:12. Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
We are not disappointed or hopeless. We do not leave God in facing all things, but keep on believing and hoping in God. We keep on loving Him more than anything. We are faithful and fervent in spirit in serving and ministering to God until the end.
As a result, we get the crown of lifeor eternal life with God. We do not experience the second death in the hell. This is the promise of God to the church in Smyrna.
Revelation 2: 11
2:11. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death."'
- Not denying the faith.
Revelation 2: 12-17 (the church in Pergamos)
2:13."I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.
The church in Pergamos must face the throne of Satan.
Revelation 2: 14-15
2:14. "But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality.
2:15 "Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
Satan tries to make us depart from faith through the false teachings as follows.
Balaam sits on the donkey. He wants to use the Gentiles. Nevertheless, Jesus sits on a colt to enter Jerusalem or the revival of Holy Spirit at the latter rain for building the perfect body of Christ. This is the revival in the true teaching Word or faith.
- The doctrine of Balaam, namely serving and ministering to God only to get the physical wages.
2 Peter 2: 15-16
2:15. They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wagesof unrighteousness;
2:16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man's voice restrained the madness of the prophet.
- The doctrine of Nicolaitans, namely gathering many people by using many worldly ways, but without the true teaching Word and sanctification. Consequently, there are adultery spirit and idolatry that will aim at the building of Babylon or the bride of Satan who is perfect in evil and uncleanness. There will be the curse and perdition.
The revival in faith means as follows.
As a result, we get the hidden mannaor the perfect faith like the golden pot that had the manna. This is the promise of God to the church in Pergamos.
- Holding fast to the true teaching Word, regardless of any risk we have to face. This is the foundation.
- The revival in giving, neither asking nor looking for anything. All things must be sacrificed except the true teaching Word or Jesus Himself until someday we can give our whole life to God.
Revelation 2: 17
2:17. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden mannato eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it."'
- Being in the True Consecration.
Revelation 2: 18-29 (the church in Thyatira)
2:19. "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first.
2:20 "Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.
The true consecration is encouraged by the true teaching Word while the false one is encouraged by the false teachings.
One kind of the false teachings is of Jezebel, namely allowing woman to teach or have authority over man. The woman becomes the head of the man. Consequently, Jesus does not become the Head of the household and church, but the serpent. There is nakedness in the marriage as well as service and ministry to God. This is a shame. For example, Eve gave the forbidden fruit to Adam.
The right structure of a marriage (1 Corinthians) is Jesus becomes the Head of the man and the man becomes the head of the woman. If a woman becomes the head, the structure is wrong and the head is the serpent.
1 Timothy 2: 11-14=> Men and Women in the Church
2:11. Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.
2:12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
2:13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
Woman may minister to God in all kinds of ministry except one, namely teaching and having authority over man. It means placing the man as the head and Christ becomes the Head of our life, marriage, and church.
Hebrews 13: 4-6
13:4. Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
13:6 So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
'honorable' = honesty.
'I will never leave you nor forsake you'= the relationship between the Head and body.
The proofsthat Jesus becomes the Head or we have the true consecration that is encouraged by the true teaching Word are as follows.
- Honesty in marriage or about the bed.
We must keep the righteousness, holiness, and unity of the marriage.
- Honesty in financial matters. There is possession of God and others in marriage, church, and inter-shepherding fellowship who are in need in every blessing we receive. The rest is for us. We must use it honestly, not extravagantly.
- Honesty in all things. As a result, God becomes the Head of our life. It means as follows.
- He is responsible to determine all aspects of our life until He willingly dies on the hill of Skull to prove it.
- The head also means the king. It means that God becomes the king who reigns over our life and someday we will reign with Him. This is the promise of God to the church in Thyatira.
Revelation 2: 27
2:27. 'He shall rule themwith a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels' -- as I also have received from My Father;
- Watching about the white garments.
Revelation 3: 1-6 (the church in Sardis)
3:3."Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
3:4 "You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
It means keeping it so that it is not torn and we are not naked.
Philippians 2: 12
2:12. Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvationwith fear and trembling;
The Lord has saved us. Let us work out the salvation through our service and ministry to God.
The process of watching in the consecration is as follows.
One who is watchful about the matter of the white garments is like the shining star.
- We serve and minister to God with fear and trembling or faithfulness, responsibility, and fervency in spirit.
- We do neither complain, dispute, nor gossip, but always give thanks to God.
Philippians 2: 14-15
2:14. Do all things without complaining and disputing,
2:15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
- We willingly sacrifice for the work of God or service and ministry to Him.
Philippians 2: 13
2:13. for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
- Holding fast the Word of life or the true teaching Word.
Philippians 2: 16
2:16. holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.
It means as follows.
- Not being driven by the other teachings. We keep on being in the orbit.
- Our life relies on the Word, not the world, like a star has no relationship with the world.
- Obedience. It means that we lift up our two hands to God to worship and surrender to Him.
Revelation 1: 20
1:20. "The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
Such star is in the mighty right hand of God. The results are as follows.
- The pleasure from Godor preservation, protection, joy, and peace from God. All things are easy and light in the midst of sufferings.
Psalm 16: 11
16:11. You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- Victory over enemies. We defeat the sins up to the peak and false teachings so that we can live in righteousness and holiness. We defeat the temptations. All impossible problems are solved by God.
Psalm 118: 15-16
118:15. The voice of rejoicing and salvationIs in the tents of the righteous; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
118:16 The right hand of the LORD is exalted; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
- The right hand of God exaltsus. Our failure is changed into success and beauty in time of need. We are sanctified and changed by God until we are as perfect as He is. We are lifted up to the glorious clouds and the throne of God.
- It will be explained at the next service.
- It will be explained at the next service.
God blesses us.