Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 1:1-3 is the title or preface. Revelation 1:3
1:3 Blessed ishe who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time isnear.
The content of the book of Revelation is joy. There are seven kinds of joy in the book of Revelation as follows.
- Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it.
- Revelation 14:13 Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.
- Revelation 16:15 Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments.
- Revelation 19:9 Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb (the peak of joy).
- Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection.
- Revelation 22:7 Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.
- Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robe.
The number seven refers to perfection. Thus, these seven joys refer to the perfect joy, the eternal joy, the Heavenly joy that cannot be affected by anything in this world.
The gate or the beginning to get these seven joys is reading, hearing, and obeying the prophecy Word. We eat the Word until the Word becomes our blood and flesh.
The process to get the Heavenly joy is as follows.
1 Peter 1:22-251:22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,1:24 because “All flesh isas grass,
And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,1:25 But the word of the Lord endures forever.” Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.
- Reading and hearing the true teaching Word, until understanding it.
- Believing and being confident to the true teaching Word, or it becomes faith in our heart.
- Obeying or practicing the true teaching Word. It equals to eating the true teaching Word until it becomes our blood and flesh.
If we read, hear, and obey the true teaching Word, we will experience two things as follows.
- Sanctification from sins up to the peak of sins, so we can love one another fervently with a pure heart. We experience the Heavenly joy.
If we preserve sin, we will hurt one another. Do not preserve the sin, because it is the seed from Satan.
- Life renewal from flesh man to become a spiritual one as Jesus.
If we only eat physical food but not the Word, our life is as the grass. It means as follows.
- Easily being withered, disappointed, desperate, and leaving God. Conversely, one also easily becomes proud and arrogant, and prioritizes something more than God. One will oppose his parents and God.
- Only doing sins.
37:1 Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
37:2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.
37:20 But the wicked shall perish;
And the enemies of the Lord, Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish.
Into smoke they shall vanish away.
The destiny of life as the grass is only being withered and dead spiritually. It is only to be burnt to become smoke that will vanish forever.
Therefore, we must not look for physical matters in ministry so that we do not become as the grass. We must look for spiritual matters especially the true teaching Word. Mark 13:2813:28 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
Life that experiences life renewal is as the fig tree whose branch becomes tender and puts forth leaves, so it will flower and bear fruits.
It is the sermon about the last days. It means there is only little time for us to be able to read, hear, and obey the true teaching Word. Do not harden our heart. Let our heart become tender so we can eat the Word and experience sanctification and life renewal.
What must be renewed?
- Renewal of the heart.
12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what isthat good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Hard heart must be renewed to become tender heart, that is able to firmly differ the right and the wrong matters. It is started from the matter of the teaching Word. We can firmly differ the true teaching Word and the wrong one. Do not generalize and mix all teachings. We must hold fast to the true teaching Word and reject the false one.
If we can be firm in the true teaching Word, we will be able to differ the right consecration and the wrong one, also the right ministry and the wrong one. It is continued with the ability to differ the right marriage and the wrong one. Until we can differ all right matters and the wrong ones. We can live in righteousness until we are righteous as Jesus is.
- Renewal of the word.
4:21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
4:22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
4:23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
4:24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
4:25 Therefore, putting away lying, “Leteach one of youspeak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another.
We have tender tongue, meaning putting away lying, only saying righteous and honest word.
4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
We can also say good word that strengthens the others’ faith and becomes a blessing to the others.
- Renewal of the attitude or character.
5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is (1)love, (2)joy, (3)peace, (4)longsuffering, (5)kindness, (6)goodness, (7)faithfulness,
5:23 (8)gentleness, (9)self-control. Against such there is no law.
If our heart and tongue are renewed, our character will also be renewed. If our heart and tongue become tender, our character will also become tender, so it bears 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit.
Thus, through eating the true teaching Word, a sinful man who is hard and naked and has the image and example of Satan, is being renewed to have the image and example of God the Trinity. We are returned to the first creation and to the miraculous hands of God.
- Love, joy, peace are the character and the image and example of Father God.
- Longsuffering, kindness, goodness are the character and the image and example of the Son of God.
- Faithfulness, gentleness, self-control are the character and the image and example of Holy Spirit God.
1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
1:27 So God created man in His ownimage; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
1:28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
The results are as follows.
All of these are the ambience of the Paradise. In the past, men were created as glorious as God and put in the Paradise. But because they sinned, they were cast out to the world. But if we want to read, hear, and obey the Word, or eat the Word, we will be returned to the ambience of the Paradise. When Jesus comes a second time, we will be renewed as glorious as Him. We will be lifted up to the glorious clouds and enter the marriage supper of the Lamb of God. Afterward, we will enter the Paradise and then the Kingdom of Heaven where we will experience eternal joy.
- We experience the power to bless us physically. God will order the physical blessings.
Spiritual blessings will also be poured, so we experience peace and Heavenly joy.
- We experience power to increase our spirituality, so we can live in righteousness, holiness, up to perfection.
We will also experience the power to increase our physical life.
Within marriage, there is power to increase the righteousness, holiness, and unity of the marriage, until we can enter the marriage supper of the Lamb of God.
- We experience the power to defeat Satan the trinity who is the source of problems. It means all problems will be solved even the impossible one. Satan the trinity is the source of failure. If they are defeated, it means God will make our life neat, beautiful, and successful. He will also use our life for the glory of His name.
God blesses us.