From the record of Prayer Service in Medan
Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.Revelation 22:1722:17. And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
Our duty as the bride is inviting the thirsty life to come especially through fellowship.
The example of the thirsty life is the Samaritan woman or the Gentiles.
In fact, the Samaritan woman was the crossbreed of the Jews or Israelites and the Gentiles. It refers to the Christian life who keeps the act of the Gentiles.
As the result, he is thirsty. It means that there is no satisfaction, but spiritual dryness. He is not fervent in spiritual matters, but only in sins and other matters. If it continues, he will die spiritually and perish forever.
Why does the spiritual dryness happen in the daily life, the marriage, and the service to God?
- Because of the unclean heart. It means that the heart is filled with bitterness, envy, hatred, revenge, et cetera.
4:9. Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.
- Because of the unclean / dirty deeds. It means that one keeps on doing sins up to the peak, namely the sins of eating-drinking and marrying-giving in marriage.
4:16. Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here."
4:17. The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,'
4:18. for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly."
- Because there is no living water or the Holy Spirit.
4:15. The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw."
Whatever we have in the world including the service and ministry, we will be thirsty or dry without the Holy Spirit.
Everything in the world cannot give the true satisfaction. Only the Holy Spirit or the living water can give the true satisfaction that never dries forever.
How is the way to get the living water? We must give Him a drink. It is the same as pleasing Jesus who is thirsty.John 4: 104:10. Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."John 19: 28-3019:28. After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, "I thirst!"19:29. Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth.19:30. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
We give the sour wine to Jesus. It means that we confess sins up to the peak that makes our lives become bitter to God and others whatever the risks are.
When we confess sins, Jesus will shout "It is finished !" It means that the blood of Jesus will forgive us, finish all the sins, and also give us the living water of the Holy Spirit, the sweet wine, or the new wine that can satisfy our hearts.
The results are as follows:
- We receive the true satisfaction, so we will never be thirsty anymore.
John 4: 13-14
4:13. Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,
4:14. but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."
We always give thanks to God and never look for any satisfaction of the world in the discotheques, cinemas, and so on.
The satisfaction or the bad association in the world only leads us to sins up to the peak.
- The second results are as follows :
- The Holy Spirit flows to others who are in need. It means that we can testify to attract the others to come to God. Others who do not know about Jesus will be attracted to believe Him and be saved through the gospel Word. The ones who have already believed in Him can be attracted to be shepherded and involved in the building of the perfect body of Christ through the true teaching Word.
- The Holy Spirit springs up. It means to encourage us to worship God up to worshiping Him in the throne of Heaven.
We love to worship Him in the world until someday we worship Him day and night or reach the eternal life forever.
We do not need to face the antichrist who will behead the people who do not want to worship God as well as the people who feel forced in worshiping God or the worship does not fulfill the measurement.
- The Holy Spirit consoles us, wipes away our tears, and brings happiness to all of us.
- The Holy Spirit creates the miracle in us, namely to renew us from the fleshy man to the spiritual one like Jesus.
The renewal starts from the following things:
Ones who are strong, of good courage, and honest are looked for by God. We become the house of prayer and God answers our prayers. So, the Holy Spirit also creates the physical miracles, from nothing to something, from the impossible things to the possible ones, from the destroyed thing to the good one, and from the rotten thing to the fragrant one.
- Being strong and of good courage. We are not disappointed and hopeless. We do not leave God, but keep on believing and hope to God whatever we face. We keep on being faithful and fervent in spirit and worshipping God.
- The sincere heart or being honestlike a baby. The Holy Spirit is like a dove which means sincerity.
It continues up to the last miracle when Jesus comes the second time that we are renewed to be as perfect as Him. We do not stumble in words anymore, but only shout "Alleluia" to welcome His second coming in the glorious clouds. We enter the great worship in the glorious clouds up to the eternal worship in the throne of Heaven forever.
God blesses us.