Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. Revelation 10:1-3
10:1 I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire. 10:2 He had a little book open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land, 10:3 and cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roars. When he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices.
The appearance of the persona of Jesus with seven lights of glory
are as follows:
- Being clothed with a cloud.
- A rainbow was on His head.
- His face was like the sun.
- His feet were like pillars of fire.
- He had a little book open in his hand.
- He set His right foot on the sea and His left foot on the land.
- Crying with a loud voice, as when a lion roars.
Jesus appears with seven light of glory to shine upon us the sinner until we become perfect as He is and we are worthy to greet His second coming. We learn the third point, namely "His face was like the sun".
The face of Jesus is like the sun to shine upon us, so we become as glorious or perfect as He is. Jesus radiates the sunlight from His face upon us through two things
- His sacrifice on the cross.
52:13 Behold, My Servant shall deal prudently; He shall be exalted and extolled and be very high.
52:14 Just as many were astonished at you, So His visage was marred more than any man, And His form more than the sons of men;
Matthew 17:1-217:1 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 17:2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
- The true worship prayer.
9:28 Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray.
9:29 As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe became white and glistening.
9:30 And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah,
The true worship prayer is encouraged by the true teaching Word that sanctifies our life. Psalms 15:1-515:1 <<A Psalm of David.>> LORD, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill? 15:2 He who walks uprightly, And works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart; 15:3 He who does not backbite with his tongue, Nor does evil to his neighbor, Nor does he take up a reproach against his friend; 15:4 In whose eyes a vile person is despised, But he honors those who fear the LORD; He who swears to his own hurt and does not change; 15:5 He who does not put out his money at usury, Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved.In order to be able to worship God, we must be sanctified first.
The heart, sight, words, and deeds are purified, so we can climb the mountain of worship. It is the peak of ministry to God. Our eyes can see God and receive the lights of glory from Jesus' face. Matthew 5:85:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.The results of receiving the lights of glory from Jesus' face
- The purification starts from the heartas follows:
- The purification from the will of evil. It is the will of money. The facts found in it are stinginess and greediness. Stinginess means that one cannot give. Greediness means stealing other's and God's.
- The purification from the will of uncleanness that leads to the sins of eating-drinking (smoking, getting drunk, and drugs abuse) and marrying-being given in marriage (fornication, free sex, the false marriage, mixed-marriage, divorce-remarrying, having affair, homosexuality, lesbianism, et cetera).
- The purification from the sight of flesh that sees the nice thing for flesh but it leads to sins up to the peak. The sight of flesh is purified to become the spiritual sight or the one of the cross. It hurts the flesh but it pleases God. As a result, God will help us.
- The deeds of sins up to the peak are purified to become the right-holy-good deed. It pleases God and others.
- The idle words, lies, blasphemies, and gossips are purified to become the right-holy-good words.It pleases God and brings blessing for others.
are as follows:
- There is life renewal from carnal man to spiritual one like Jesus.It starts from heart renewal. It is the greatest spiritual miracle that cannot be faked or followed by Satan.
The heart renewal can be learned from Moses and Elijah.
6:9 So Moses spoke thus to the children of Israel; but they did not heed Moses, because of anguish of spirit and cruel bondage.
6:10 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
6:11 "Go in, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt to let the children of Israel go out of his land."
6:12 And Moses spoke before the LORD, saying, "The children of Israel have not heeded me. How then shall Pharaoh heed me, for I am of uncircumcised lips?"
Moses had a weak heart that is disappointed and desperate, so he refused the ministry. He was also hard-hearted or disobedient to the Word of God, so he could not enter Canaan. If the heart is weak (being proud easily, desperate, disappointed), it is also hard (disobeying the Word of God). Be careful!
The heart is renewed to become strong and of good courage. It is not disappointed nor desperate, but always gives thanks to God, as well as becomes faithful, and fervent in ministry, and obedient in facing everything until the flesh does not sound anymore.
As a result, Moses could enter Canaan.
Let us see God's face only when we face everything. Do not see others (problems, difficulties, impossibilities, suffering, man, et cetera).
Seeing God's face is through the worship prayer until we become strong and of good courage.
1 Kings 19:4-5
19:4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he prayed that he might die, and said, "It is enough! Now, LORD, take my life, for I am no better than my fathers!"
19:5 Then as he lay and slept under a broom tree, suddenly an angel touched him, and said to him, "Arise and eat."
Be careful! Do not be negligent when we success because Satan still pursue to make us fall.
Elijah was desperate and wanted to die in facing Jezebel. Jezebel refers to the false teaching and consecration.
The heart renewal to become strong and of good courage means holding fast the true teaching Word and the true worship in facing everything.
9:31 who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.
9:32 But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him.
9:33 Then it happened, as they were parting from Him, that Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah" --not knowing what he said.
The result is the joy of heaven and peace. All things become easy, light, and increasing.
- The call and election of God for us become sure.
9:35 And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!"
2 Peter 1:10-11
1:10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
1:11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
It means that we do not stumble or fall in sins up to the peak. We live in holiness. We do not stumble or fall in ministry. We are faithful and fervent in ministry until the end line (we minister God until we die or the time of His second coming).
As a result, we become the apple of God's eye. We get the protection and caring directly from God. We are employed by God up to the successful and beautiful future. We receive the full right to enter the eternal kingdom of heaven forever.
- The physical miracle happens, namely from nothing to something and impossible thing becomes possible.
The basic point is that when spiritual miracle happens, the physical one also happens. The important thing is prioritizing the ministry, then God will arrange the rest.
The peak of renewal will happen when God comes a second time. We will be changed to become perfect as He is and we are worthy to greet His second coming on the glorious clouds. We are happy together with Him forever.
God blesses us.