Mark 16 is about the RESURRECTION OF JESUS.Mark 16:1-416:1. Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary [the mother] of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him.
16:2 Dan Very early in the morning, on the first [day] of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.
16:3 And they said among themselves, "Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?"
16:4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away for it was very large.
The Power of Jesus' resurrection is capable to roll away the very large stone from the door of tomb, meaning the power of Jesus' resurrection is capable to destroy the hardness of heart
Thing that makes our hard-hearted is sins. Sins make the hearts of sons of God become hard as Pharaoh's heart/ Satan's heart.Exodus 7:14-167:14. So the LORD said to Moses: "Pharaoh's heart [is] hard; he refuses to let the people go."
7:15 "Go to Pharaoh in the morning, when he goes out to the water, and you shall stand by the river's bank to meet him; and the rod which was turned to a serpent you shall take in your hand."
7:16 "And you shall say to him, `The LORD God of the Hebrews has sent me to you, saying, "Let My people go, that they may serve Me in the wilderness"; but indeed, until now youwould not hear!The practices of the hard-hearted sons of God are as follows
The Effects of being hard-hearted
- Do not want to commit service and ministry to God,or being unfaithful in service and ministry (in the past, Pharaoh do not let the Israelitesserve God).
- Being disobedient to God, to spiritual parents, and to physical parents.
At the age of Noah, disobedience hit all level of society even kids and young people were perished.
In Bible, there are more young people who have potency but they are disobedient,and in the end they are perished. For example:
Absalom has a great potency. He is very proud of his hair. But in the end of his life, he left hanging between heaven and earth because his hair was stuck.
2 Samuel 18:9
18:9. Then Absalom met the servants of David. Absalom rode on a mule. The mule went under the thick boughs of a great terebinth tree, and his head caught in the terebinth; so he was left hanging between heaven and earth. And the mule which [was] under him went on.
- A young rich man who was disobedient(in the New Testament), he had a physical and spiritual potency but then he left Jesus and his life became failure in the middle of his success.
- Do not want to confess sin and using self-truth.
In the past, like Adam and Eve covered their nakedness using fig leaves which would be dried and they became naked again.
The self-truth is the truth of sinful people that comes from blaming others.
The truth from God is the truth that comes from confessing sin to God and neighbor.
The Power of Jesus' Resurrection is able to destroy the hard heart and we can have the gentle heart, whose practices are as follows
- Having many questions in his/her life = having many problems = having many tears.
It is like women, who visit the tomb of Jesus, have many questions [Mark 16:3] because they still think that the stone still cover the tomb of Jesus, meaning still maintain their hard-hearted.
- The water becomes blood, means:
- His/her life is not satisfied and seeks for another satisfaction from world, so they fall into sins up to the peak sins i.e. the sin of eating-drinking and marrying-giving in marriage.
- The spiritual death until the eternal death in hell.
- Being faithful and burning in spirit in the ministry.
- Being obedient to God whatever the risks we face.
- Living in righteousness and holiness.
So, the power of Jesus' Resurrection is able to destroy the hard heart so that we can be gentle, being the holy servant of God who is obedient, faithful and burning in spirit in the ministry.Hebrews 1:71:7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire."
The servant who is holy, obedient, faithful, and burning in spirit= the servant of God like a flame of fire.Daniel 7:97:9. "I watched till thrones were put in place, And the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment [was] white as snow, And the hair of His head [was] like pure wool. His throne [was] a fiery flame, Its wheels a burning fire;
The Throne of God = the flame of fire.
So, the servant who is holy, obedient, faithful, and burning in spirit
= the throne of God in the earth.
If we are in the throne of God, There will be preservation from God.Isaiah 6:16:1. In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His [robe] filled the temple.
If we become the throne of God, we will be in the train of His robe. This is the power of Resurrection. We will experience the power of resurrection in the train of God's robe. And the results are:
- The Power of resurrection is able to preserve and protect usin middle of this difficult world, up to the era of antichrist.
- The Power of resurrection heals the woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years.
5:25 Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years,
5:26 and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse.
5:27 When she heard about Jesus, she came behind [Him] in the crowd and touched His garment.
5:28 For she said, "If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well."
5:29 Immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in [her] body that she was healed of the affliction.
- The Power of resurrection removes all impossible things, resolves all problems, wipes all tears, every bad things become good thing.
- The flow of blood also refers to the rupture of the blood vessel. Meaning the power of resurrection is able to sanctify us from rotten sins, until we become perfect with no blemish. Every rotten thing becomes fragrant things before the Lord.
- At the train of robe, the bells of gold are hung means the power of resurrection is able to make everything beautiful in His time.
28:33 "And upon its hem you shall make pomegranates of blue, purple, and scarlet, all around its hem, and bells of gold between them all around,
3:11. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
If our life is not yet beautiful, we must wait God's time.
But there is a life who does not want to dive into God's work that is being the hard-hearted, disobedient and unfaithful.
This night, let us touch the train of God's robe, and God will make everything beautiful in His time.
God blesses us.