Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Overall, Luke 6 refers to righteousness or the Court of Tabernacle.
In the beginning, God creates perfect man as glorious as Him, according to His image. God puts him in Eden and he lives in happiness.
But human falls into sin. He loses God's image, glory, holiness, and righteousness.
Consequently, they are cast out to the world to live in curse and perish.
God is not willing if human perishes. So, He makes efforts to return human to His image, namely righteousness, holiness and glory.
God's effort to return us to His image is called God's upbringing
.There are seven kinds of God’s upbringing as follows
- Luke 6:1-5is about the body is brought up by God to enter in spiritual activity.
- Luke 6:12-16 is about the soul is brought up by God that we have spiritual positionin the Kingdom of Heaven.
- Luke 6:17-19 is about the spirit is brought up by God.
- Luke 6:6-11is about the deed is brought up by God.
- Luke 6:20-26 is about the mind is brought up by God.
- Luke 6:27-45is about the heart is brought up by God.
- Luke 6:46-49is about life journey is brought up by God.
Ad. 3. the spirit is brought up by God
6:17. And He came down with them and stood on a level placewith a crowd of His disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases,
6:18. as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed.
6:19. And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.
The spirit is brought up that we have healthy spirit
/spiritual health. A sinner who is naked and loses God's image and glory has sick spirit or spiritual sickness. The practice of spiritual sick
ness is every intent of the thoughts of his heart is only evil and unclean that he does sin up to up to the peak of sin, namely sin of eating-drinking and marrying-giving in marriage.Genesis 6:5-66:5. Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6:6. And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
17:26. "And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:
17:27. "They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
In the days of Noah, every intent of the thoughts of human heart is only evil and unclean
. That results in deed that makes God grieved (it is sin of eating-drinking and marrying-giving in marriage).
It will happen again in the last days (in our days right now).
If it continues, we will die spiritually. It means we live in sin up to the peak of sin, and there is no regret anymore after doing sin.
In the days of Noah, the flood came as punishment.
In our days, if it continues, the fire from the sky will come and one is burnt by the fire of the hell and perishes forever.The way of God to bring up the sick spirit iswe must have private contact with Jesus
. It means that we have to make effort to touch Him and be touched by Him through the Word, Holy Spirit and love of God [Luke 6: 19
].A level place
is the place where we get contact with Him or recovery from spiritual sickness. [Luke 6:17
Level place means level heart, straight heart and good conscience
We need water baptism
to change our evil heart into good conscience or obedient one.I Peter 3:20-21
3:20. who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.
3:21. There is also an antitype which now saves us––baptism(not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good consciencetoward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Good conscience or a level heart is described in three things as follows
Ad 3. A level place at the foot of a hill
- A level wilderness.
It means shepherded life. Youth must be shepherded and make efforts to eat the shepherding Word like a woman of Canaan who eats the crumbs (to listen and receive the Word of God).
- The calm face of the waters.
It means zero point. There is anointing and fullness of Holy Spirit. We can receive Holy Spirit.
- A level place at the foot of a hill[Luke 6:17].
The hill refers to The Mount Golgotha, namely Christ’s sacrifice
A level place at the foot of a hill means that we honor Christ’s sacrifice
, so we receive the love of God.Heart that receives the love of God is able to worship Him
Worshipping God is our effort to touch and be touched by Jesus.Mark 5:25-28
5:25. Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years,
5:26. and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse.
5:27. When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment.
5:28. For she said, "If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well."
Having a flow of blood for twelve years means as follows:
- Having decay in sin up to the peak of sin.
- Having impossibilities in economic, school, future and disease.
- Having ruin and failure in marriage, suffering and desperateness.
Lots of efforts were done by this woman but she grew worse.The last effort was touching Jesus' garment
which means worship prayer.The signs of true worship prayer are as follows
The result is miracle of recovery happens, which means as follows
- "If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well"= hoping fully on God, not on others.
- Enduring, not being disappointed, desperate and doubtful against hindrance or the fact that we have not been helped yet, moreover our condition grows worse.
- Humbling our life as low as we can. It means confession that we are not worthy.
- Spiritual miracle or the renewal of life.
We live in righteousness and there is no more decay. We live in righteousness and honesty.
- Physical miracle, namely impossible things become possible.
- We are changed to become as glorious as God. We are lifted up on the glorious clouds to enter the marriage supper of the Lamb of God, Paradise and the kingdom of Heaven forever.
God blesses us.