Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.Luke 9:1-6
is about the deputation. Before being sent, we must be called first.
In Luke 9:1-2
Jesus called twelve disciples or all of us to experience three things as follows.
- We return to Godor having fellowship through perseverance in committing three kinds of main service as follows:
In perseverance in committing three kinds of main service, our body, soul and spirit attach to God the Trinity, so Satan cannot touch us.
- The golden candlestick: perseverance in committing general service= fellowship with Holy Spirit God in His gifts.
- Table of showbread: perseverance in committing bible study service and Holy Communion= fellowship with Son of God in true word of God and Christ's sacrifice.
- Golden altar of incense: perseverance in committing prayer service= fellowship with God the Father in His love.
- God gives us power and authority.
- God sends us to preach or testify about the kingdom of Heaven.
is about the terms of deputation, namely do not worry or doubt [Luke 9:3]. We must have faith in God. The deputation or ministry is the work of faith.
Now, we learn next term.Luke 9:4-69:4. "Whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart.
9:5. "And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them."
9:6. So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.
- If we are accepted when we are sent by God [Luke 9:4], we must pay attention to two things as follows:
- We must serve as well as possible.
- We always humble ourselves, so we become blessing for others. Do not be a stumbling-block in ministry!
18:6. "But whoever causes one of these little oneswho believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
If we become stumbling-block for others, the consequence is being hung with a millstone. It means his life perishes.
- On the contrary, if we are not accepted when we are sent by God [Luke 9:5],we must shake off the very dust from our feet.
It means as follows:
- Do not take anything from that place, sin with them, and make problem.
One does not want to receive the ministry because he keeps sinning. Do not follow or be bound by sins at that place.
- As a testimony that they have already been served but they reject it because of keeping the sins, so they will be destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah.
17:32. "Remember Lot’s wife.
Lot's wife was bound to riches and sins of Sodom and Gomorrah, so she looked back and became a pillar of salt, or she perished forever.
- The disciples were ordered to preach the gospel and heal people [Luke 9:6], and they did it exactly [Luke 9:2].
The next term of deputation is we have to do the things in accordance with God's will.
We obey God means stretching out our hand or totally surrendering to God. If we stretch out our hand to God, He will stretch out His hand to us too.
The results are as follows:
- We can testify, preach the gospel and heal people in accordance with the deputation, plan and will of God.
It means we do successful and beautiful ministry according to God’s plan.
If our ministry is in success and beauty, our future will be successful and beautiful in due time according to God's plan.
If we do not serve God, we surely serve Satan.
- We experience miracles from God.
We experience miracle up to the biggest one, namely spiritual one which is started from no lie or we can be honest.
4:23. and be renewedin the spirit of your mind,
4:24. and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
15:8. The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, But the prayer of the upright is His delight.
If we are honest, we become the house of prayer. We worship and minister God delightfully.
If spiritual miracle happens, the physical one happens too. The sick will be healed until the impossible problem is finished by God.
The steps of one who is sent by God are the miracle steps. Until the last step or the last miracle, we are changed to become as perfect as Jesus when He comes a second time.
God blesses us.