Peace and grace in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We are still discussing Revelation 2-3
According to Tabernacle Teaching, it refers to the seven sprinklings of blood before the Ark of the Covenant
It means the seven epistles
for the seven churches of the Gentiles or the last sanctification
done by Jesus for the seven churches of the Gentiles
or the congregation in the last days to make them perfect or without blemish like Jesus. They become the perfect Bride of heaven who is ready to welcome Jesus' second coming on the glorious clouds to meet Him, the Heavenly Bridegroom, forever.
There is God's promise to every church that willingly gets the sanctification.
There are seven churches of the Gentiles
that experience the sprinkling of blood as follows.
- The church of EPHESUS(Revelation 2: 1-7) (it has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, July 27, 2014up to General Service in Surabaya, September 7, 2014). The church in Ephesus must return to the first loveto return to Paradise.
- The church of SMYRNA(Revelation 2: 8-11) that had to suffer. God said to them not to be afraid in the suffering, but faithful until death (it has been explained in General Service in Surabaya, September 14, 2014up to General Service in Surabaya, November 9, 2014).
- The church of PERGAMOS(Revelation 2: 12-17) that must leave the false teachings (it has been explained in Bible Study Service in Surabaya, November 17, 2014).
AD. 3. THE CHURCH OF PERGAMOS
There is God's promise for every church that willingly gets the sanctification.
Revelation 2: 172:17. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomesI will give some of the hidden mannato eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name writtenwhich no one knows except him who receives it."'
There is God's promise
for the church of Pergamos when they willingly experience the last sanctification to leave the false teachings of Balaam and Nicolaitans as follows.
- Hidden manna (it has been explained since General Service in Surabaya, November 30, 2014 up to General Service in Surabaya, December 21, 2014),
- A white stone, on which a new name is written.
We learn about A white stone, on which a new name is written
God longs for giving the new name to the Gentiles. What is the new name?Isaiah 4: 14:1. And in that day seven womenshall take hold of one man, saying, "We will eat our own food and wear our own apparel; Only let us be called by your name, To take away our reproach."
'= seven churches of the Gentiles in the book of Revelation.
'We will eat our own food and wear our own apparel
' = their food and apparel are provided.
'let us be called by your name
' = their need, not food and apparel or physical blessings.
'To take away our reproach!
'= sanctification to result in the name of the Lord that is attached to ours.
Thus, the new name
is the name of the Lord/Jesus sealed or attached to our name. This is called as the name of the Bride of Heaven
The seven women long for the name of Jesus to be attached to their names.
Jesus is the Husband, Head, or Heavenly Bridegroom while all of us are His body, wife, or bride.
A woman becomes the wife of a man when his name is attached to her name.We must receive the name of Jesus
to get the new name.Genesis 4: 264:26. And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he named him Enosh. Then men began to call on the nameof the LORD.
From the days of Enosh (Old Testament), men have known and called or received the name of the Lord
, so they also can get the new name. Matthew 1: 18-211:18. Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly.
1:20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
1:21 "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His nameJESUS, for He will save His people from their sins."
The name of Jesus is known through Christmas.
An angel had introduced the name of Jesusthrough a dream to Joseph
before Jesus was born.
Joseph was a just man, but wanted to divorce Mary because he used his logic
, thinking about her pregnancy before they got married. He could not receive her with her pregnancy means that he did not receive Jesus or His name
Fortunately, Joseph slept and dreamt. The sleeping
means that he did not use the logic anymore. After receiving the dream and waking up, he could receive Mary as his wife. It means that he could receive Jesus and His name
'= the revelation of the Word of God.
It means that Joseph could receive the revelation of the Word with faith
. The logic cannot receive it. The faith is in higher level than the logic or knowledge
If the faith can receive the name of Jesus, the logic will also be able to receive the name of Jesus and we can have the new name. Isaiah 4: 14:1. And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, "We will eat our own food and wear our own apparel; Only let us be called by your name, To take away our reproach."
Thus, the churches of the Gentiles or seven women must long for the new name
, not physical blessings.
The longing means sacrificing all things to get the new name
, namely the Lord in Old Testament and Jesus in the New Testament. WHY do the Gentiles have to receive the new name?
Revelation 3: 123:12. "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
Only those who have the new name may enter New Jerusalem or the eternal throne of heaven.The process to get the new name from age to age is as follows
- The age of Father God/ the beginning of age counted from Adam to Abraham, for approximately two thousand years.
The representative is Abram.
Genesis 17: 4-5, 9, 10
17:4. "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.
17:5 "No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations.
17:9 And God said to Abraham: "As for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations.
17:10 "This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: Every male child among you shall be circumcised;
'Abraham'= new name given by the Lord.
Abrammust BE CIRCUMCISEDto receive the new name, namely Abraham.
Abram + AH= Abraham.
AH= the name of God or Jehovah.
It is the circumcision of Christto put the name of Jesus in us.
Colossians 2: 11-12
2:11. In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
2:12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
The circumcision of Christ means water baptism.
There were many arks in the days of Noah, but only the ark of Noah that could save.
Likewise, there are many kinds of water baptism, but only one water baptismmay save, namely the one that is according to the Bible or God's will like Jesus' because there must be one baptism only in one body.
Actually, Jesus is not sinful even He does not know the sin, so He does not need the water baptism. Nevertheless, He was baptized to give us example of the right water baptism.
Romans 6: 2, 4
6:2.Certainly not! How shall we who died to sinlive any longer in it?
6:4 Therefore we were buriedwith Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raisedfrom the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
The requirement of the right water baptism is repentance or being dead to sin.
The right implementation of the water baptism is as follows.
The heavenly life means as follows.
- One who has died to sin or repented must be buried in water together with the Lord to raise together with Him ('come out from water' is written in Matthew 3) and receive new life as the heavens are opened (heavenly life).
Thus, the water baptism is not only a symbol or ceremony in church because it determines whether the heavens are opened or not.
- 'were buriedwith Him'= being buried in the name of Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit, namely the Lord Jesus Christ. The name of Jesus is attached to us.
Matthew 28: 19
28:19. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
It means being baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Living in righteousness means there is salvation.
- Life in righteousness. All things must be righteous because the kingdom of heaven is all about righteousness as it is written in Romans 14: 17,'for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.'
It means there not sinning.
- Holding fast the true teaching Word, not being deceived by false teachings and gossips.
- Being the instruments of righteousness or serving and ministering to God faithfully and correctly.
Not living in righteousness means there is no salvation.
Proverbs 12: 26
12:26. The righteousshould choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.
'For the way of the wicked leads them astray' = being deceived because there is no righteousness.
The righteous must be shepherded well and correctlyto make the righteousness and salvation firm.
Being put in the pen means we are surrounded as with the shield of God's blessings and mercy although the world is full of curses. We have the atmosphere of paradise, no curse anymore.
Psalm 5: 12
5:12. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.
We get the new name every time the shepherd calls the sheep. Our name is written and we can enter New Jerusalem or the city of righteousness.
2 Peter 3: 13
3:13. Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earthin which righteousnessdwells.
'new heavens and a new earth'= New Jerusalem.
- The age of the Son of God/ the middle age. It is counted from Abraham to Jesus' first coming (Christmas) to die on the cross, for approximately two thousand years.
The representative is Jacob.
Genesis 32: 24, 28
32:24. Then Jacob was left alone; and a Man wrestled with him until the breaking of day.
32:28 And He said, "Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed."
'Israel'= new name.
The name of Jacob + the name of the Lord = Israel.
Jacob STRUGGLEDuntil the breaking of day for these reasons.
Now, we must struggle also, namely PRAYING AND WORSHIPING GOD, even with all night long prayer and fasting to hasten the process. It means only hoping in the love and mercy of God. What is the purpose?
- Facing Esau.
- Getting new name ('Israel').
- Facing the fear and ancietyabout all things that cause us not to be quiet or peaceful, but dead spiritually and physically because of the distress may affect our body.
For example, there are many people who were afraid in Christmas night as follows.
The fear and anxiety will cause weariness, heavy burden, sad face, and the atmosphere of hell.
- Mary was afraid of receiving the news of Christmas that she had to be pregnant before getting married. Many girlsare afraid, especially because of the marriage partner.
- Joseph was afraid to take Mary as his wife because of her pregnancy. The youths are also in fear.
- The shepherdsin the field were also in fear.
- For facing the antichristwho wants to destroy the marriage and children through sins as follows.
- Sins concerning eating-drinking such as smoking, getting drunk, and drugs abuse.
- Sins concerning eating-drinking such as sexuality sin with all its kinds, sexual deviation or homosexuality and lesbianism, and wrong marriage, even there are many Christians who get the divorce, remarrying, and marrying- being given in marriage.
- For facing the antichrist that will reign over the world for three years and six months.
It meansthat the love and mercy of God are able to preserve our life in the midst of difficulties in the world, even to evacuate us to the wilderness for three years and six months with the two wings of a great eagle. We are preserved and protected directly by God like the house of Israel who was preserved by Him for forty years in the wilderness.
- For getting the new name. This is the last struggle. Jacob, whose meaning is liar, could be Israel, whose meaning is winner. Without the new name, all things are useless because there must be neither lie nor liar in New Jerusalem.
Revelation 21: 27
21:27. But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abominationor a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
'there shall by no means enter it' = not entering New Jerusalem (Revelation 21: 22 is about the city of New Jerusalem).
'those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life'= only those with the new names may enter New Jerusalem.
The renewal from Jacob to Israel is as follows.
- There is no lie anymore.
- There is no more abomination and evil like Judas Iscariot. The evil means the bond of money that causes these things.
- Stinginess means one cannot give to the work of God and other people who are in need.
- Greediness means that one robs the possession of God through not returning the tithes and offerings, and the one of other people through not paying the debt, doing corruption, and so on.
- There must be no more uncleanness.
- The age of Holy Spirit God/ the last age counted from Jesus' first coming to the second one, for approximately two thousand years.
God has not come yet. It means an injury time or the lengthening of God's longsuffering to make us get the new name.
The representative is Saul.
Saul got the new name, namely Paul through THE LIGHT FROM HEAVEN.
Acts 9: 1-4
9:1. Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest
9:2 and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
9:3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.
9:4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"
'who were of the Way ' = following the true teaching. The right people are arrested, slandered, and so on.
'a light shone around him from heaven' = brighter than the sunwritten in Acts 26: 13.
Saul was God's servant who worked fervently in spirit with emotion, envy, revenge, gossip, slander, hatred without any cause or murder, and so on. It does not build the body of Christ, but dividesor persecutes it. Paul persecuted the congregation, but Jesus said'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?' because the congregation is the body of Christ.
Praise the Lord because Saul got the bright light from heaven on the way. Saul repented and became Paulwho worked with love to build the body of Christ.
Acts 26: 13
26:13. "at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me.
It means the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.
2 Corinthians 4: 3-4
4:3.But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4:4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
There are two kinds of the preaching of God's Word as follows.
This touched Saul, so he became Paul, the apostle.
- Gospel Word= good news = gospel of salvation = milk, namely the Word preaching Jesus' first coming to die on the cross and save the sinners. We must receive it!
Nevertheless, the growth will be abnormal if one only drinks the milk. It must be increased.
- The light of the gospel of the glory of Christ = the teaching Word sharper than any two-edged sword = solid food, namely the Word preaching Jesus' second coming in the glory as the King or Head and Heavenly Bridegroom to sanctify and perfect us like Him so that we become His bride. It is called as Bride Tidingsbecause it prepares us to be the bride of God or the perfect body of Christ.
The sign of being changed by the teaching Word is learning to the fig tree that has been genle.
The proofs or facts found in the gentle heart are as follows.
- We can confess that we are the most sinful man.
1Timothy 1: 15-16
1:15. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
1:16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.
- We do not doubt to confess our sin to God (vertical line) and others (horizontal line). After being forgiven, we do not sin anymore.
- We do not judge others.
- We can worship Jesus as the King of all kings and Heavenly Bridegroom.
1 Timothy 1: 17
1:17. Now to the Kingeternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
Like the disciples who worshiped together with Jesus on the mountain and the face of Jesus shone, we can get the sunlight of the gospel of Christ's glory and Jesus' face.
Psalm 84: 11
84:11. For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.
'those who walk uprightly'= being honest before God.
If we worship Him, the light of His love and mercy is radiated to us.The results are as follows.
- The sun is as the shield. It means that the lovingkindness of God becomes the shield for facing the fiery dart of the wicked as follows.
- We keep on living in righteousness in facing the sins concerning eating-drinking and marrying-being given in marriage.
- Temptations cannot touch us.
- We are protected from disaster and accident, namely earthquake, landslide, tsunami, and so on that come suddenly.
- We are protected from the antichrist and the hell.
- The sun means the lovingkindness of God that preservesour life in the midst of impossibilities, helps, and solves our impossible problems.
There would have been no living human if there had been no sun. Just believethat the lovingkindness of God never changes every time we see the sun. The promise of God never changes.
- The sun is the light of glory to changeus from fleshy men to spiritual ones like Jesus.
The renewal begins from the face or five senses as follows.
Mark 7: 37
- Ears hearing the true teaching Word, not gossip and false teachings, and obeying it.
- Mouthsaying righteous and good words.
7:37. And they were astonished beyond measure, saying, "He has done all things well. He makes both the deaf to hearand the mute to speak."
If the ears and mouth are good, all things will be good. The destroyed things will be made good.
We are changed to be as perfect and glorious as Jesus is when He comes a second time. We are worthy to welcome His second coming on the glorious clouds or the second Christmas. We rejoice without any tear until we enter New Jerusalem with our new name there.
God blesses you.